Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been trying to work out the difference between these two cans.....

Which is better? Which keeps the SET valve? Do they sound the same?

Why is Yoshimura even making these 2 versions! and now we have that dual outlet slip-on!

Choices Choices.....

The pics below are 'borrowed'. Hope the owners of them do not mind. Thanks.
 

Attachments

·
Chubby Chaser
Joined
·
57,844 Posts
The one in the first pic is a full titanium race system made by Yoshimura Japan, it's a very sweet high performance system and it costs a pretty penny as well:



http://yoshimura-shop.netmove.co.jp/ap/dtcat?p=6/3/7&s=193/173/313&l=en&t=/c_gsxr1_e/c_gsxr1_e/c_gsxr2_e/c_gsxr3_e&d=2418




The one in the second picture is a slip-on made of stainless steel piping (with a Titanium canister sleave). It's made by Yoshimura and sold through Suzuki retailers in Europe. Think something like this below with a baffle on the exit side, and an SET valve on the midpipe side





Does that answer your question? You are basically comparing apples to oranges to kumkwats.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wooops, just realized that the 1st exhaust was the full system version.

I actually wanted to find out the difference between the Japan yoshi & the USA yoshi slip-on.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,186 Posts
SPL170db said:
The one in the first pic is a full titanium race system made by Yoshimura Japan, it's a very sweet high performance system and it costs a pretty penny as well:



http://yoshimura-shop.netmove.co.jp/ap/dtcat?p=6/3/7&s=193/173/313&l=en&t=/c_gsxr1_e/c_gsxr1_e/c_gsxr2_e/c_gsxr3_e&d=2418




The one in the second picture is a slip-on made of stainless steel piping (with a Titanium canister sleave). It's made by Yoshimura and sold through Suzuki retailers in Europe. Think something like this below with a baffle on the exit side, and an SET valve on the midpipe side





Does that answer your question? You are basically comparing apples to oranges to kumkwats.

You said it :punk



Northpole,
Can you post some more pics of your bike? Mods list?

Looks pretty nice :thumbup
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
69 Posts
COMEBACK said:
Northpole,
Can you post some more pics of your bike? Mods list?

Looks pretty nice :thumbup
Thanks :)

I'll post some pics a little bit later. The bike is in pieces at the moment cause I'm mounting the clip-ons, brakes and some other parts. I'll take some new pics when I'm finnished.

Here's my mod list:

Yoshimura JP full system titanium/stainless
BMC Race Race air filter
PC USB3 w/custom map
Factory Pro velocity stacks
PVM wheels gold w/PVM rear rotor
Bridgestone BT002 Street front/rear
520 sprockets/chain
Gilles chain adjuster gold
Racingscreen black (Suzuki original)
All carbon parts delivered from Suzuki
Crash-pads carbon look (Suzuki)
Gilles rearset black
Öhlins steering damper
Gilles Variobar clip-ons black
Pazzo levers black
BPD QS-4 Quickshifter
1/6 throttle and replacement switch unit
Brembo master cylinder 19x20
Brembo calipers front
HEL SS brake lines front/rear
Led smoke front/rear signals and taillight
Hotbodies undertail
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,186 Posts
Northpole said:
Thanks :)

I'll post some pics a little bit later. The bike is in pieces at the moment cause I'm mounting the clip-ons, brakes and some other parts. I'll take some new pics when I'm finnished.

Here's my mod list:

Yoshimura JP full system titanium/stainless
BMC Race Race air filter
PC USB3 w/custom map
Factory Pro velocity stacks
PVM wheels gold w/PVM rear rotor
Bridgestone BT002 Street front/rear
520 sprockets/chain
Gilles chain adjuster gold
Racingscreen black (Suzuki original)
All carbon parts delivered from Suzuki
Crash-pads carbon look (Suzuki)
Gilles rearset black
Öhlins steering damper
Gilles Variobar clip-ons black
Pazzo levers black
BPD QS-4 Quickshifter
1/6 throttle and replacement switch unit
Brembo master cylinder 19x20
Brembo calipers front
HEL SS brake lines front/rear
Led smoke front/rear signals and taillight
Hotbodies undertail
Thanks.
Nice mods you got there.

Some Q's:

How do rate riding woth the 002's on Norwegian roads?...........or do you do mostly track?

What Brand QA throttle do you use? Do you feel it binds a tad more than the OEM?

Are you comfortable with the 19x20 mc with the Brembo calipers? Isn't the lever awfully hard?

Cheers

-N
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
69 Posts
COMEBACK said:
Thanks.
Nice mods you got there.

Some Q's:

How do rate riding woth the 002's on Norwegian roads?...........or do you do mostly track?

What Brand QA throttle do you use? Do you feel it binds a tad more than the OEM?

Are you comfortable with the 19x20 mc with the Brembo calipers? Isn't the lever awfully hard?

Cheers

-N
I just love the 002's. I had the 014's before, and they slipped from time to time (don't like them). The 002's have a much better grip, and the bike feels very controlled in the corners. This is for roads, I dont' do track (so far).

I'm have a QA throttle called Active (from simonkobejapan): http://www.gixxer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=117601 I'm mounting the throttle together with the clip-ons and the Brembo MC these days, so I don't know how it feel's yet.

Same with the 19x20 mc, it's not mounted yet. My plan was to buy a 19x18 mc, but I was adviced to buy a 19x20 instead so I did. To be honest I don't know if I did the right choice or not buying the 19x20 mc..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,186 Posts
Northpole said:
I just love the 002's. I had the 014's before, and they slipped from time to time (don't like them). The 002's have a much better grip, and the bike feels very controlled in the corners. This is for roads, I dont' do track (so far).

I'm have a QA throttle called Active (from simonkobejapan): http://www.gixxer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=117601 I'm mounting the throttle together with the clip-ons and the Brembo MC these days, so I don't know how it feel's yet.

Same with the 19x20 mc, it's not mounted yet. My plan was to buy a 19x18 mc, but I was adviced to buy a 19x20 instead so I did. To be honest I don't know if I did the right choice or not buying the 19x20 mc..
Thanks again.

I will await your verdict on the QA throttle. I have the Ant Lion Racing one. It's OK, but it doesn't have that "light" feeling to it as the OEM.

Regarding the mc, I think you will find the lever to be VERY hard.
You are using the new 2 piece Monoblocks right?

I have a set of Brembo Race Monoblocks on the K2 with the 19x20 and it is way too hard with little modulation to the lever. Don't get me wrong. It is useable, but will take some getting used to.

On the K5 I also have Race Monoblocks, but with a 19x18 and IMHO it is a much better option. Excellent feel with the same braking power and so much easier to modulate your braking.

When camparing the two there is no doubt in my mind that the K5 set-up is the right way to go.

I used the 19x20 with the K2 OEM 6 pot calipers and it was great, but once I cnaged to 4 pot calipers it became too hard for my liking.


BTW, there has to a reason why you Rossi and the guys using 19x18's.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,712 Posts
Of all the characteristics affecting brake systems (MC, Calipers, Pads, Fluid, Lines etc.) selection, progressiveness and feel has to be the most important. Outright braking power is important, but not at the expense of the earlier two. One reason is desired brake modulation or "feel", that would allow a racer to better "dial-in" the amount of braking force for a given corner or race situation. Racers ask a lot more of their brakes than the average street rider, such as using the brakes to assist in steering the bike.

Fantastic braking power without feel makes for a nearly unrideable bike..... Well, unrideable at a fast pace around a closed course anyway.

MotoGP riders use the 19X18 because they can afford to, with carbon/carbon brakes. I suppose a 19X20 would have compromised braking feel too much.

Just my .02's worth.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,712 Posts
How did we get to a subject on brakes on an exhaust thread, anyway? LOL!
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top