Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Instead of doing countless hours of research I thought I would see what others have used.

I am trying to do a budget turbo system. I see people like the GT28R but I was hoping to find something else that would be a good fit, maybe something I could get off a car in the junk yard and refresh.

I started making the intake manifold and made a pretty cool looking flange. So if there are any talented welders out there that would like to exchange services I will be CNC cutting all of my flanges and could easily make extra sets in exchange for some welding.

·
Registered
326 Posts
do u even want air to get to your turbo....:scratch

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I have done a bunch of number crunching and there is really alot to turbo selection. Right now it seems that I will have to buy something new rather than scavenge one off of a turbo car.

Twowheelwerkz I am in columbus oh.

Right now I am working with what I have while I gather money and I am changing to a black / flat black color scheme I just finished powdercoating the tank and am going to anodize the fork tubes and other goodies this weekend.

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
I would help ya in the welding, but I also have my own CNC capabilities, so we come to a draw there.... lol

As for the turbo, I stated in another thread, I usually use a GT28R or TD05 Mitsubishi turbo, both have proven some impressive gains with the right tune, but there is far more to a turbo system than slapping a turbo on it. (I am sure you already know that)

In the 04/05 600/750 forum there is a thread about a turbo 750, I wrote a nice post on turboing that bike if you are interested.

Good luck on the project! keep us updated!

·
Registered
520 Posts
I'm not trying to be a dink, but what year 750 is it? Honestly for all the work, I would suggest an upgrade to a newer gen 1000. Turbo's aren't cheap if done right, and if done wrong, you can burn up a whole lot of $$. We make over 170HP+ & 82 ft. lbs all day long on 05 - 06 1000's with minor bolt-ons on oxy fuel. 180+ if you feel like taking the valve cover off. I know it's not a cheap alternative, but the financing is great and it will be super reliable.

If you want to be different and do a 750, all the power to you I totally understand.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
eb no offence taken. It is an 04 750. Why turbo it? Well I like to mess with things that work perfectly to begin with. I have an 06 600 that I putz around on, but I want to be unique just like everyone else and have a turbo bike. Just sounds cool doesnt it?

Jusin I took a look at your pics and they will help out a bit. Well I am in columbus and this summer will need to take a ride out to your shop. Hopefully on my turbo 750.

·
Registered
520 Posts
I respect that. Kudos!
I know where you're coming fom, I hear "Busa's are faster" all day long.

If I can help you source anything, let me know. We just did a fuel system re-vamp on a 2001 1000 with a TBR (turbo bike research) kit. I did the rising rate regulator and pump + all fitting and hoses. For some reason the TBR kit only came with a power commander map, well 10 miles after he installed it, the bike overboosted a bit, went lean and melted the pistons etc.. Now he will ride until his ass gets sore!

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
twowheelwerkz said:
if the 750 has the same fuel rail as the 1000 i will have some billet ones done here in a few weeks. a must if you plan on making 230+
Just and FYI on that, you can go beyond 230HP on a stock GSXR 1000 Rail :) Its the injectors that stop at 230....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.