Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having a little trouble in choosing next tires for my K4 600. I'm participating in about fifteen track days this summer and there's a distance of 90 to 400 kilometres to each track, so some durability is appreciated. I'm not that fast that I'd need any race compound tires and thinking of choosing between Pilot Powers, Diablos and BT014, also the corresponding tires provided by Metzeler are taken into consideration. (Don't remember the Metz's name..)

I largely appreciate opinions about the tires' sliding characteristics. I haven't had a single slide on a racetrack - at least I haven't noticed them..
The tire I'm looking for gives a warning before it really starts to move around. It should be as smooth and controllable as possible when it begins to slide. So basicly my question is "what tire is smoothest when starting to slide?" I'm just afraid of that If the slide is very sudden and the traction is lost immediately it will end up in a wreck of my gixxer.

I have the bt014s now and they've worked just fine on the track, but I'd like to hear your opinions also. I don't have riding experience on any other tires, so it's impossible for me to compare.. Thanks!

·
Registered
580 Posts
June roadracingworld just did a tire test & as far as street tires go-the dunlop d208gp's ranked highest in slide prediction/control,as well as every other category,sec was the powers,third the bt014s.If you're going to get any mag-this is the one.www.roadracingworld.com ,you can get 1 free issue

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
June roadracingworld just did a tire test & as far as street tires go-the dunlop d208gp's ranked highest in slide prediction/control,as well as every other category,sec was the powers,third the bt014s.If you're going to get any mag-this is the one.www.roadracingworld.com ,you can get 1 free issue
Allright! Thanks!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts