Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which \"Tankslapper\" material?

I want to protect the sides of my tank. This stuff looks like the best solution. But which do you recommend? The non-stick Tankslapper material or the 3M adhesive type?
web page

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
Re: Which \"Tankslapper\" material?

i got the full protection kit....from past experience, for side tank just get the non sticky version. they will hold there perfectly .

·
Chubby Chaser
57,844 Posts

Just get the material that clings to the metal, there's no need for the adhesive backed stuff. The regular material won't move anywhere and it's much easier to apply and work out the bubbles.

·
Registered
919 Posts

my GOD if i had only seen this a few weeks ago when i got my tankslapper full kit - it took me approx. 20 minutes to get the first side done, and STILL had a couple bubbles... i was smart and had my buddy who tints windows do the other side, and he was bitchin the whole time ("look at all these Fu$%in curves!!!") but it looks ok... i'm actually underimpressed with the looks of the whole thing, but hey it protects from scratches and shit so whatever.

·
Premium Member
839 Posts

I have the kit and am not very impressed at all. Still have bubbles and have put it on and off 3 times. Tried dish soap which helps get it on but with the balck paint it shows streaks underneath. WHAT'S THE TRICK? HELP!!!! lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts