Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know on ships that when you are on port it's left cause it got 4 letters like left... So which side is the highside of my bike and which is the low-side? Is there a neat letter trick like on boats? Someone asked me how I got on my bike and I didn't know if I got on the high side or the low side. I really can't see a height difference. Can one of you help me out...

·
Registered
14,162 Posts
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by FastCat:
If you break your collarbone, you came off the high-side. you can easily remember this because collarbone is 10 letters, and high-side is a little shorter... which is what your shoulder will be for a while...<hr></blockquote>

Bwahahahahaha!

·
.............OG
37,640 Posts
i've never heard anybody talk about getting on a bike from either the "high" side or "low" side...

i would imagine though that the low side would be the side that the kickstand is on, because when the bike is on the sidestand, that side is lower than the other side..

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That's it! So when I talk about my turn signal not working I can tell the mechanic "the low-side turn signal isn't working" 'cause it is on the same side as the kickstand! Finally, at least with cars I just say the driver side. Now I get how that works on bikes. You guys are the best!

·
.............OG
37,640 Posts
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Grunt:
That's it! So when I talk about my turn signal not working I can tell the mechanic "the low-side turn signal isn't working" 'cause it is on the same side as the kickstand! Finally, at least with cars I just say the driver side. Now I get how that works on bikes. You guys are the best!<hr></blockquote>

or just say your "left" side turnsignal

·
Registered
2,706 Posts
Highside & Lowside are terms of crashing...

Highside is when you are airborn off of your bike. A lowside is when you are sliding with your bike.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts