Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
narrowed list down to 4 exhaust, would prefer high mount but i will settle for regular, but which one is recommend? akrapovic $367, micron high mount cobalt blue $380, yoshi rs-3 $339, tri oval $363 all the prices are shipped to the door which one is prefer, as of now im leaning towards the micron cobalt,

·
Registered
81 Posts
i got the TRS and i am loving it. BTW, go to the member only discount section and hit up Heatwavecycles, got my TRS Stainless race for $265 shipped! (i did get a helmet as well so not sure if the price will differ...but im sure it'll be cheaper nonetheless).

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
didnt know that about the micron that they fade after awhile, i do like the cobalt blue high mount but i would like something that would stay somewhat cool and not heat up, so it'll probably be either the trioval or akrapovic, but do they either of them come in a high mount

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
so i should go with the TRS for the lowest sound? b/c i dont want something loud at all, rather have something similiar to stock sound but just more grumble, what about the micron? does it get hotter (acutal pipe) comapared to carbon fiber

·
Registered
6,771 Posts
so i should go with the TRS for the lowest sound? b/c i dont want something loud at all, rather have something similiar to stock sound but just more grumble, what about the micron? does it get hotter (acutal pipe) comapared to carbon fiber
The Yosh will be a higher pitch and the Akra will be deeper under 10k. Get above that and both pipes will start screaming. The Yosh will be a notch louder than stock...and the Akra will be maybe 1.5 notches more than the Yosh. I've seen a few posts about members claiming that their Yosh is too quite.

I've only heard a Micron in a garage...so of course it sounded loud as hell...so sorry I can't help you with the Microns.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Tri-oval is available in a high mount, but you lose the passenger pegs.
Have you seen the blueflame exhausts? They sounds just as nice as the Yosh, comes in standard and high mount, and you dont lose passenger pegs.
http://www.blueflameusa.com/exhausts.html

Any stainless steel exhaust will be hot, carbon fiber exhausts cool down much quicker.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yeah, im somewhat debating the blue flame, but might lean towards the micron , kinda like the cobalt blue high mount, ill look into the blueflame exhausts

·
Registered
819 Posts
I have the Micron and it has a deep throaty sound. Has not faded at all but I store it in my garage and not outside in the summer sun. If it does fade, they offer 22 different color options that slip on for $169. It comes with the can, mid-pipe, heel gaurd, rear passengar peg relocator, the directional relocator w/ hardware, clamps & springs. The high mount is also the same price as the regular slip-on. ALso, there are no rivets to rattle like on the yoshi. One screw is hidden inside to remoce the shell. I have not heard of (1) single fading issue. It will get hot tho, if thats a concern, get carbon. Best pipe I have owned w/o a doubt. Also, it has a clean look and comes with great install directions. The sound is amazing and it does scream over 12k rmp's, but what doesn't? I think the db rating is 108, hp gain was up 3-4. I believe and the torque curves inscreased the same as well. Well worth the money and no oversights on Microns behalf.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
thanks for the info on the micron, appreciate it, do you have the carbon fiber micron or regular cannister, im leaning towars the micron but ill have to see what will be best deal, for 380 thats not a bad deal i can get, if you know of any place cheaper let me know thank

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
damn, i like that, i wont be using the turn signals b/c of my undertail, one last question, so the pipe heats (gets hot)up just like stock then, i like the high mount look of it but i've heard negative things about micron, was told that akrapovic was best buy, but i dont really care about performance, i like the look of cobalt blue and the high mount,

·
Registered
819 Posts
Yeah, I have a Hotbodies undertail. Just wanted to let you know that they include them in the event you needed them. It heats up just like any other pipe. At the end of the day, it's all about personal preference. If you don't want a hot pipe, again...get the carbon. If you want color, deal with the heat.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts