Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Reading through all the other H.I.D post has me confused as shit. First off from what I am reading, I don't want gixxerboys kit, lite eyes has shitty service, DDM seems to be the best choice for the price.

I'll tell you my goal, I want both hi/low 6000k H.I.D and led (or similar color ) parking lights to match. Not sure what ones to get here is the link to my DDM choices http://www.ddmtuning.com/index.php?p=catalog&parent=61&pg=1

Also, good site for the led parking lights?

·
Registered
16 Posts
I was thinking of getting some, but there is one thing stopping me, where to hide the 2 ballast units and looms theres not much room behind the headlight of the old k7. The price is great too. The parking light LEDS can be got from ebay cheap.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was thinking of getting some, but there is one thing stopping me, where to hide the 2 ballast units and looms theres not much room behind the headlight of the old k7. The price is great too. The parking light LEDS can be got from ebay cheap.
I hear you on where to hide the ballast's. I'm gonna have to get real creative. I picked up a pair of these parking led's tonight. Not a bad price. I got the super bright white one's. Half way down on page http://www.starrotors.com/bulbs/

Anybody on my HID choice? Right, wrong?

·
Premium Member
1,528 Posts
ddm is high quality, make sure you get the slim ballasts.... 35 watt is plenty bright, especially if your putting it in your low beam, cause i think the lowbeam on ya'll's bikes are nonprojector...

·
Registered
29 Posts
what's wrong with the gixxerboys kit? I bought the 6k kit, but haven't installed it yet.

·
Registered
29 Posts
is there anyone who had their kit that didn't like it, or is it just rumors of bad quality? I compared what they sent me to what I've seen that's included with other kits and they don't appear far off from one another.

I agree that the name is a little over the top, but a ballast and a light can't be too different from one company to the other.

BTW, I'm not trying to cop an attitude or anything, I'm just wondering if I should sell my kit and buy a different one.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
is there anyone who had their kit that didn't like it, or is it just rumors of bad quality? I compared what they sent me to what I've seen that's included with other kits and they don't appear far off from one another.

I agree that the name is a little over the top, but a ballast and a light can't be too different from one company to the other.

BTW, I'm not trying to cop an attitude or anything, I'm just wondering if I should sell my kit and buy a different one.
I'll post up a pic when I get my kit. I went with the DDM 55w 6000k H7 and H9 for highs and lows. Some people on here have the gixxerboys kit and are very happy with it. Do a search for gixxerboys.

·
Registered
60 Posts
i have a gixxerboys kit and i havent had a problem yet.. so i cant really compare or complain. also, their kit comes with slim ballasts which are alot smaller than standard, so fitting them wasnt hard at all to hide

·
Registered
386 Posts
I ordered 8000K 35W from DDM last week and they came in on the 23rd.
I havn't installed them yet but from what I searched they were great on price and quality.

BTW- go here for your LED, I had orderd some for my 350Z here before
www.superbrightleds.com

1 - 12 of 12 Posts