Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All this reading is driving me nuts, so I have decided to use RotellaT SYN. Now which filter should I use? I'm going to the track in two weeks and need to have the bike prepped. TIA

·
Not the powers that be, not even close.
23,092 Posts
i think most on here use oem filters.

for oil just use a good name brand synthetic oil for motorcycles.

·
Chubby Chaser
57,816 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
If oil is the blood of you engine the the oil filter is the bikes kidney... OEM or better and so far the only oil filter that has really been able to prove its better than OEM is Amsoil but they are $15-20 each. I just picked up 3 OEM filters for $20.

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If oil is the blood of you engine the the oil filter is the bikes kidney... OEM or better and so far the only oil filter that has really been able to prove its better than OEM is Amsoil but they are $15-20 each. I just picked up 3 OEM filters for $20.
Where did you get them for $20? Also, AmSoil Bob says that oil blood kidney line all the time. OEM FTW!

·
Not the powers that be, not even close.
23,092 Posts
you can get oil filters online from ronayers.com or lowpricebikeparts.com. order a case and split them with your friends. then $7 per filter online should offset the shipping costs.

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I am thinking of using a Nissan oil filter, it is OEM and it looks identical to the Suzuki filter I got. I mean using it for the next oil change. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
17 Posts
I use Nissan/mazda style filters on my wheeler, and on my old fzr. Pretty sure they only fit honda/ yamaha/ kawasaki though. I was told suzuki has a different thread than the rest, so i just went with oem.:dunno

·
Premium Member
117,182 Posts
I use OEM for street bikes, K&N for trackbikes (mainly for the safety wire nut).

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I use Nissan/mazda style filters on my wheeler, and on my old fzr. Pretty sure they only fit honda/ yamaha/ kawasaki though. I was told suzuki has a different thread than the rest, so i just went with oem.:dunno
Nope, they fit suzuki as well. I have access to these filters and am thinking it makes sence to use them.

·
Registered
17 Posts
If they do fit, then hell yes! I can get wix ones from my work (with the anti-drainback valve, of course) for about 2 bucks. I'll have to test-fit one. Never had a problem on any of my other bikes, don't see why these would be any different.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts