Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Personally I would go with the Gixxer, the 750 is a hella lot of a bike, and it weighs about half of the ZX9R, it also has the added advantage of actually going around corners.

The ZX9R has very poor rear suspension from the factory, and whilst this has got better recently it was very suck back in 95, although the motor is a monster.

If corners play any part in your life go for the gixxer, if you are a straight-line hero, then the ZX9R will put most things to shame.

The 750 sounds sweet - that would be my choice.

·
Premium Member
10,263 Posts
If this guy did a valve adjustment at 2200 miles, ask for the paper work. Anyone that does a valve adjustment and didnt have a problem with the motor (or did cams) is nuts. They dont call for it till 15K miles... And most dont even need it then...

John

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
I'm with FREAK on this one ..a valve job at 2200 miles
the things are barely just run in by then !
this is a bit suspicious

·
Registered
72 Posts
Yeah 2200 miles is kinda strange. I did mine at 15K and then checked them again when I did the manual CCt at 19k and they were still in spec. The Kawi is a good bike and a great commuter... but I have always been partial to the Sazuuks. GEt some reciepts and some paperwork. Good luck

·
Registered
4,040 Posts
get the gixxer
kawasaki

·
Registered
235 Posts
man, i must have gotten a real good deal on my bike. i paid $5k for my 2k 600 with 3k miles. i dont think i would pay that much for a 95 kaw with that many miles! maybe its just me.

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
I would go for the 750, but ask him where he has his bike seviced at and ask the mechanic for details, he won't have a reson to lie to ya. My .02 cents

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello, im about to buy a bike...and im stuck between two options and want to ask a few of you out there which is a better deal...the first bike is a 96 GSXR 750 with 2200 miles on it...perfect condition had a tune up done last fall which included a valve adjustment,fluids and dyno run for carburetion calibrating.he upgraded the brake system by replacing the brake lines, pads and rotors using EBC Components. Chain and sprockets were replaced/upgraded as well last year using Vortex sprocket and DID ERV Gold chain...price is 5500 or OBO...ok thats number one lol

The second one is a 95 Kaw ZX-9R with 26000 miles on it...yes i know over 23000 miles different ;P...anyway its in very good cond also...has new tires...and breaks...yosh slip on...strobe ligts...and some chrome here and there...price is 5200 firm

i know this is a gixxer web page... but just wondering if you guys could help me make a decision...maybe some pros and cons about both bikes...i have ridden before and just like to ride for fun...not really into racing every once in awhile i like to get on it...let me know what you guys think...thanks for your time

Luke

·
Registered
79 Posts
I will side with the Freak on this one as well, that is weird now that he mentions it...as far as the decision, I would go with the Gixxer. I just bought mine from a guy in Illinois, it's a 98, all stock with 1786mi on it! I paid 6500 and thought I got a really good deal...
I also used to think that I might get a 1000 or something but I'll tell ya, if you've never ridden a Gixxer 750 you'll be nicely suprised. Mine is all stock and it scares me still! Have fun and good luck with the purchase.

·
Registered
146 Posts
no need for a valve adjustment that early, unless the motor was "calling" for one. i think he's trying to hype up the sale. all out speed take the zx9. but i wouldn't buy one with that many miles. take the gixxer and tear up the canyons. it will make you a better rider, cause it takes skill to ride one. keep the motor screaming.

do what u want. buy what makes u happy

·
Registered
788 Posts
The gix sounds fishy, chains, brake rotors etc usually go at least 20,000miles, see if he's the origional owner (he should have the stock parts he took off since they are like new) or knows who that is, does he have recipts for maintenance?, has the compression on the engine been checked at a shop? You can always just take it to a shop and get their opinion. If it checks out, the Kawis are not that reliable and heavy so the choise is easy.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Well I would go for the Gixxer also, not as old and not as many miles.

By the way guys, I'm assuming he ment the Gixxer as 22 000 miles and not 2200 miles or like you said, there would be no reason for all the parts and things that have been done to the bike with so little miles.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts