Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

61 - 80 of 97 Posts

·
Viking Fan Club Merchandise Manager
11,665 Posts
i find riding a cruiser to be way more comforting on my body than a sport bike. i rode loose on a sport bike using my core (i do a lot of core work) but its nice to just lean back on a cruiser.

·
Confuses vag for cock... That would be "cock" as i
2,290 Posts
Most people don't realize how much more pressure a cruiser will put on your lower back and tailbone. It's pretty substantial, especially if you have back problems.
Of all the V-Rods, this would be my choice:

The "Street Rod"; Mid controls, taller suspension, and sensible ergos. Apparently it was too good of a motorcycle and not a good enough posing machine though as Harley only made them for a few years. :crying It's a shame. The Street Rod was probably the best regular production bike Harley ever made.
They switched from mid-controls in 09 because the lean angle was terrible. You can barely turn the damned thing, and oddly enough... not too comfortable either. You feel VERY cramped unless you're under 5'9" honestly.

·
Registered
753 Posts
They switched from mid-controls in 09 because the lean angle was terrible. You can barely turn the damned thing, and oddly enough... not too comfortable either. You feel VERY cramped unless you're under 5'9" honestly.
Harley Davidison Street Rod:
"Lean Angle (per SAE J1168) Right: 40° Left: 40°" per "totalmotorcycle.com"
Hardly what I'd call "terrible" in fact, I'd call that downright outstanding.
2012 Night Rod special: Lean Angle (per J1168):- Right 32°- Left 32°
Not exactly what I'd call "progress". Of course, it's about typical for Harley; one step forward, 2 steps back.

Just for reference:The new Diavel has only 1 deg more available lean at 41deg.

"cramped" is a very subjective term. There are a lot of people that would call a GSXR "cramped".

Here we go, me at 6'0 with a 33" inseam on a Street Rod. Looks pretty darn nice to me:

Attachments

·
Registered
753 Posts
You look like a freaking giant seating on a 1 year old's plastic push-tractor! :lmao :suicide :facepalm :lol <-can't decide which applies best. :lmao
You apparently haven't spent much time in the good ol' midwest. I'm about average for height and well below average for weight here. I'd say the "average" is probably 6'-6'2" and 250-275lbs.
You don't look like a giant goon when everyone else is an even bigger goon. It's all in your perspective. :lol

Here, is this more my size: :lol

Attachments

·
Registered
753 Posts
Talking about you vs bike size... looks quite a low, small bike. :D Btw., I obviously haven't spent much time in the good old midwest... I'm from Europe. :D
Haa haa, I couldn't tell if you were making fun of me or the bike.:lol

I've sat on a few V-Rods and they really don't feel small. They actually feel quite a good size for my frame/build. I dunno, maybe I do look like a big goof on one. :dunno If that's the case, I must have looked positively rediculious on the Buell XB's I owned. :lmao

·
The Mistrustful Old Nick
1,812 Posts
Haa haa, I couldn't tell if you were making fun of me or the bike.:lol
Nope, wasn't making fun; just puzzled over how come the bike is so small (low) in appearance.

Actually, I know I've seen quite a few Harleys (can't honestly say which models because I'm not a Harley fan so the multitude of variuos names and letters just goes over my head) that were very low and looked positively tiny (even their handlebars were low and the top line of the bike almost looked straight, instead of curvy from tank etc.), where the rider practically sat ON the bike, not in it; in the sense of mini-bike rider vs these two

·
Don't Mind Me - Just Snoopin' Around
10,426 Posts
I've rented a Harley at the beach for a few days. It was the Road King. I've also test ridden a new Road King ( back in 2010 ) and I still will agree that it's a VERY comfortable bike. :dunno That said, would I invest money in one? If I had the money, I guess but it's a lot of money for a bike that will also cost a good bit to maintain. :dunno

·
The Mistrustful Old Nick
1,812 Posts
On the other hand, if you want a comfortable bike, but don't want to pay much to buy (at least not in Europe) and maintain, why not get an older version of Goldwing? 1000, 1100, 1200 cc are all very comfortable and very reliable.

Today saw two things on youtube that just made me facepalm... one guy claiming his 250cc Hyosung is as comfortable as a Goldwing (is he brain dead? well, he WAS without a helmet...) and the other a vid with a 1100 Goldwing that the guy tried to make into a Harley (be proud of what you have, instead of trying to make it into an inferior motorcycle!).

Found them:
helmetless, my-Hyosung-is-bettern-than-GW guy

and the GW-is-too-good-a-bike-I-wanna-make-it-into-a-Harley

·
loves oldgixxer and Anthony D
12,611 Posts
I just picked up a brand new 2012 Road Glide Custom and love it....had a 2010, but was involved in a horrible high speed highway wreck that totaled the bike, my knee and wrist.

·
Nazi Lustful Faggot - hot for Hermann Göring & Cai
3,250 Posts
I just picked up a brand new 2012 Road Glide Custom and love it....had a 2010, but was involved in a horrible high speed highway wreck that totaled the bike, my knee and wrist.
Wow, that hurts. Looks like God didn't want you to ride Harley...

·
Viking Fan Club Merchandise Manager
11,665 Posts
get some photos up!

·
loves oldgixxer and Anthony D
12,611 Posts
Wow, that hurts. Looks like God didn't want you to ride Harley...
I rode/raced gixxers for about 10 years without a single crash or dropping the bike. I figure I got lucky and its time to slow down and switch to Harley. 3 months after getting on my new Harley, I almost die in a highway wreck. I thought the same thing brother :lmao

·
Premium Member
1,499 Posts
If I had to choose one, it would be either a XR1200 or a Night Rod.

There are probably 1,000 other bikes I would buy before I'd buy a Harley though.
I like those, and these two:

HD Forty-Eight

HD Iron 883

I still love sport bikes, but I've seriously been considering one of these bikes or a super moto. I need something a little more "fun" and "peppy" to commute around town in.

61 - 80 of 97 Posts