Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

41 - 60 of 97 Posts

·
Confuses vag for cock... That would be "cock" as i
2,290 Posts
Just remember... no slipper clutch!!

I've had more than one seriously puckering moment thanks to my not remembering this and downshifting way too hard... that ass will come right around on ya and wake you up fast LOL

·
Viking Fan Club Merchandise Manager
11,665 Posts
Just remember... no slipper clutch!!

I've had more than one seriously puckering moment thanks to my not remembering this and downshifting way too hard... that ass will come right around on ya and wake you up fast LOL
yeah i take notice to it in 1st gear when i downshift to first gear and forget what speed i am in lol! i did have the engine cut out on me in 1st. i was riding in first and then i clutched out quick because i had to stop fast. the engine cut out. funny about this because it happened on my RC8 a few times in the same scenario. it must be a v-twin thing.

·
Brat
3,211 Posts
my brothers friends dad took me on his Harley late in 06, wasn't sooner then early 07 i got my first road bike

i honestly haven no clue which kind, but its one i would buy for sure

it was flat on the top (driver/passenger seat and the tail) and the handle bars were not stupidly big they were pretty neat and normal

·
Brat
3,211 Posts
they had a Honda Fireblade (for sale) if i remember correct the father said it would be too much for me to handle and the mother said it was fine as a starter bike

dear god that could of been a disaster

·
The Mistrustful Old Nick
1,812 Posts
i am learning how to use both brakes to slow down. makes life way easier and i can stop much quicker
I do that all the time on any bike I ride, even on the Gixxer. Learned it when riding my Dad's classic Goldwing... the 1000 K3 model with Vetter fairings, 3 cases and a lot of other stuff that really adds to the barn-door wind-drag coefficient. It was a nice bike, even for sharper roads, but you didn't want to get into a situation where you'd need to turn it around. No wonder they started putting reverse gear in 1500...

Anyway, you can't stop that bike within a reasonable distance or time if you don't use both fronts and rears. Thank god they're all disk brakes.

·
Nazi Lustful Faggot - hot for Hermann Göring & Cai
3,250 Posts
Anyway, you can't stop that bike within a reasonable distance or time if you don't use both fronts and rears. Thank god they're all disk brakes.
It depends. If the pavement is clean & the tires are warmed up there there is no need to use the rear brake (assuming you are solo riding a sport bike).

Braking hard on a sport bike changes weight distribution and up to 90%...100% of weight is transferred to the front (so the rear tire may be flying in the air). There is no point in using rear brake if the rear tire is unloaded that much.

·
Viking Foreign Affairs Attaché
4,047 Posts
It depends. If the pavement is clean & the tires are warmed up there there is no need to use the rear brake (assuming you are solo riding a sport bike).

Braking hard on a sport bike changes weight distribution and up to 90%...100% of weight is transferred to the front (so the rear tire may be flying in the air). There is no point in using rear brake if the rear tire is unloaded that much.
VisualID was commenting on Jetblast saying he had to learn how to use both brakes. On his new Victory. Which is not a sport bike. Which means both brakes will need to be used...

:facepalm

·
Nazi Lustful Faggot - hot for Hermann Göring & Cai
3,250 Posts
VisualID was commenting on Jetblast saying he had to learn how to use both brakes. On his new Victory. Which is not a sport bike. Which means both brakes will need to be used...

:facepalm
Errrm, what is K3 1000 then? I was thinking it's GSX-R1000 '03

·
Viking Foreign Affairs Attaché
4,047 Posts
Errrm, what is K3 1000 then? I was thinking it's GSX-R1000 '03
You quoted the bit where he is refering to Jetblasts Victory...:lol

·
The Mistrustful Old Nick
1,812 Posts
ROFL! You guys should read more carefully :lmao

my Dad's classic Goldwing... the 1000 K3 model with Vetter fairings, 3 cases and a lot of other stuff that really adds to the barn-door wind-drag coefficient
Under 1000 K3 I meant the Honda Goldwing GL 1000 K3 model that was built from 1978 to 1979 (btw., one idiot at a veteran meeting actually tried to convince me Honda didn't have "K" prefix for facelifts - K1, K2, K3, etc., but "H"... :facepalm . I tried to set him straight, but he was too stubborn to see facts. In the end I just told him to go online and see for himself)

As far as sportbikes and braking go, I agree with you.

PS: attaching picture. See what I mean under "barn door"? Btw., this is a pic before we completely restored it (first thing I did was remove the stupid things hanging off the brake and clutch handles).

Attachments

·
Registered
753 Posts
Which one would I buy? With my money?
None of them. Save for the V-Rod not a single one of them is worth ½ of what their charging for them. For my money Victory makes the FAR better bike.

If I were to win some hypothetical contest and could take my pick of any one (with the rule that I would have to ride it otherwise I’d just take the most expensive one I could find and sell it) I’d have a V-Rod.
Yup, a V-Rod is the only thing they have that I really like, everything else is pretty much behind every other motorcycle on the planet on my “to buy” list. I like bikes that actually function better as bikes than as butt jewlrey.

·
The Mistrustful Old Nick
1,812 Posts
Save for the V-Rod not a single one of them is worth ½ of what their charging for them.
I agree with you that the Vrod is the only one worth half of what's being sold for, but it's still far from a perfect bike or even a good ride IMHO. Why? Simple reason, this:

The position is horribly unfavorable for someone with a bad back (me), from the stupid C stretched forward position to the spine being directly 90' onto the road and thus feeling every bump (no buffer by legs), feeling the pain up your entire spine into your brain. I started my riding career on a cruiser. I'm NEVER going back.

Ever since I switched over to sportbikes I don't have any headaches after rides anymore. :punk

·
Confuses vag for cock... That would be "cock" as i
2,290 Posts
The new 2012 V-Rods have been redesigned with 2" pullbacks to reduce the dreaded "clamshell" position.

·
The Mistrustful Old Nick
1,812 Posts
Victory The Judge!! just to bring up what you are meaning about v-rod sitting position :)

Actually, as far as cruisers go, this one is not that ugly. My back still wouldn't forgive me for riding it, though. After years of road bicycling the sportbike position is more natural for me.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Actually, as far as cruisers go, this one is not that ugly. My back still wouldn't forgive me for riding it, though. After years of road bicycling the sportbike position is more natural for me.
Most people don't realize how much more pressure a cruiser will put on your lower back and tailbone. It's pretty substantial, especially if you have back problems.
Of all the V-Rods, this would be my choice:

The "Street Rod"; Mid controls, taller suspension, and sensible ergos. Apparently it was too good of a motorcycle and not a good enough posing machine though as Harley only made them for a few years. :crying It's a shame. The Street Rod was probably the best regular production bike Harley ever made.

·
The Mistrustful Old Nick
1,812 Posts
Most people don't realize how much more pressure a cruiser will put on your lower back and tailbone. It's pretty substantial, especially if you have back problems.
That knowledge was pounded into me (pun intended) quite a few years ago. From now on only sportbike or nakeds anymore, or generally bikes where the legs are bent beneath the ass and I'm leaning slightly forward instead of straight up (can't keep my back straight for long as it just "collapses").

And I'm not even 40... Oh, well, I'm lucky... at least my back is not messed up as much as my brother-in-laws who was a professional rower.

PS: I'm not digging the headlight, though, it's too pushed into the forks, as if it's hiding, ashamed of something. :dunno Should've stuck out a bit further.

41 - 60 of 97 Posts