Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I had to choose one, this would be it.

Here is a modded one:

2012 Road King with the 103ci motor. I ride two up a lot and the GF has a hard time after more than a few hours. I was thinking about getting one of these so we could do more distance and have some space to put stuff.

$17,500. Cheapest of the touring bikes but still a harley, so not exactly inexpensive :lmao

Which one would you guys buy if you had to?

·
Viking Fan Club Merchandise Manager
11,665 Posts
i think harley's are nice and all but i prefer Victory. from everything i have learned, the engines are more thought out and better quality. i also have a 3 year warranty from the factory too.

·
Premium Member
2,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i think harley's are nice and all but i prefer Victory. from everything i have learned, the engines are more thought out and better quality. i also have a 3 year warranty from the factory too.
I agree with you. I just can't get over the styling of their touring bikes. They just look strange to me.
http://www.polarisindustries.com/en-us/victory-motorcycles/touring/pages/overview.aspx?WT.ac=VIC-Top_Nav_Enter_2012_Touring_Choose_Bike

My buddy has the high ball. Nice bike, and he really likes it, but that really doesn't do anything I am looking for. That bike is cheap but the touring bikes are right there with Harley on price.

·
Banned
29,644 Posts
If I ever got a Harley, I'd get one of these

I like this one too even though it's not a Harley. ;)

·
11,665 Posts
BTW i love this video! i need to make a Victory thread so i dont jack this one too bad :lol

here is the Victory Vision anti-tip protection.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Plus 1. The Hammer 8 Ball with ground pounder exhaust is what Would choose if I was to move away from sports bikes

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
AKA Pee Wee Herman
6,092 Posts
Rich,is that in your garage??:cheers
No, its at work, I put a battery in it last week.

You have not been paying attention in the N/E thread :nono

Fucking thing is sweet though isn't it??

This is one of my garages.

As well as this. I moved some stuff around between the pics.

This is work.

This too........................

·
I Heart Man Sauce
6,488 Posts
If I had to choose one, it would be either a XR1200 or a Night Rod.

There are probably 1,000 other bikes I would buy before I'd buy a Harley though.

·
Both Handsome AND Pretty!
19,104 Posts
Fags!

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
BTW i love this video! i need to make a Victory thread so i dont jack this one too bad :lol
:facepalm almost no gear on a first vid, and a bunch of boring aging upper middle class citizens. no wonder you have so many calamaris here if even older, supposedly "responsible" people ride without gear
here is the Victory Vision anti-tip protection.
does it come with an automatic transmission option and plasma screen to entertain yourself while pretending you're riding?
imo, this is all wrong, they convey wrong message showing baby boomers with no gear, judging by these anti-tip measures, they mostly have inexperienced riders in mind, so if these boomers will rush to buy victory's bikes, there might be more accidents. these ads with senior citizens are acting cool hurt motorcycling in this country than all the squid galore on supersports. but somehow, sportbikes are dangerous.
and speaking of which harley I'd buy, it'd be either their new sportster or their vintage vr1000 (if I had the money):lol

·
Give it to me Big Boy!!
564 Posts
Only harley worth buying is the vrod, the most non harley harley..... liquid cooled and it acctually has power.. there was a race version with 150 hp

·
11,665 Posts
:facepalm almost no gear on a first vid, and a bunch of boring aging upper middle class citizens. no wonder you have so many calamaris here if even older, supposedly "responsible" people ride without gear

does it come with an automatic transmission option and plasma screen to entertain yourself while pretending you're riding?
imo, this is all wrong, they convey wrong message showing baby boomers with no gear, judging by these anti-tip measures, they mostly have inexperienced riders in mind, so if these boomers will rush to buy victory's bikes, there might be more accidents. these ads with senior citizens are acting cool hurt motorcycling in this country than all the squid galore on supersports. but somehow, sportbikes are dangerous.
and speaking of which harley I'd buy, it'd be either their new sportster or their vintage vr1000 (if I had the money):lol
first video is out in sturgis. if you went there and brought up "full gear", you would probably get laughed at. i wear full gear on my bike just because i am used to doing it.

i highly doubt the "lack of gear" is hurting the cruiser industry nor would it change the market. how often will a rider watch a Victory or Harley commercial and call them out on their lack of gear? im very, very sure in their disclaimers, they state to wear full gear at all times just like they do in the sport bike world. it is in the manuals as well.

as for the victory vision anti-tip feature, i see that as a good feature just in case you did drop your bike. cant fault them for installing those factory. better to have them and not need them than having it all reverse. there wont be more accidents on their bike or any touring bike. the older crowd likes to get on those bad boys and just go the distance. i highly doubt you would find an 18/20 year old kid riding those on a regular basis.

if you are worried about the "full gear" message from Victory, here is another video of the new Victory Judge. the rider is wearing full gear for you.

1 - 20 of 97 Posts