Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which Carb instake boots do I need? 40CV\'s on 91 1100

I have 36's now. Got the 40's Getting factory pro jet kit for them as they made a special kit for the 40's in stg3. Might as well try it out. Which intake boots do I need and where do I purchase them?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Re: Which Carb instake boots do I need? 40CV\'s on 91 1100

FWIW If you can't find the boots you need, I was able to run 40mm CVs in the 36-sized boots on my 1100w; took a lot of determined coaxing to get the spigots in there the first time (trimming a small 45° chamfer on the inner lip of the boot helps immensely, as does a light coat of lubricant) but they were fine w/ no leakage problems after a few out-and-in cycles.

·
Registered
303 Posts

u need the boots for the 38s... 90-92 no california 750s

the outside diameter of the 40s and 38s are identical

·
Premium Member
137 Posts

I will confirm on sickz. I bought a set over the part counter for an 89 750 (38mm). There is a number on the carb side edge of the intake that contains 40D . There are other numbers too that sorry I don't recall the exact stock part number. These also change the carb angle and made for a straighter intake path. I am still able to get the indivigual air cleaners on with no clearance issues. Keep an eye on the space between the tank bottom and carbs. I am using a set of Mikuni 40rs carbs and have not compared the physical size difference to the CV model.

Hope that helps....

·
Registered
1,590 Posts

Didn't those 40's come stock on Canadien market 1100? If so contact dealer up there & order by application.

·
Registered
27 Posts

grab a set of 38's, I had a set off a stocker '91-92 750 - they work great -- I'm running 40mm Mikuni f/slides and if your going to spray it use JB Weld instead of those airflow hindering nozzle retainers -- little JB Weld and screw in nozzles on underside of boots (make sure they are aimed right, you wont be able to adjust them later) BUT they wont come loose and don't leak

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.