Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
730 Posts
he 'fought' for the championship title till the end of the season.
and that's a very nicely designed glove...good colours too.:wait

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
Teknikscian said:
HA! the haters will prolly say that he only won because rossi crashed out...

He only won cause that dude Rossi crashed.>LOL
Who is Nicky anyways? I had a girlfriend named Nicky when I was in high school, are we talking about her again.:scratch

·
Premium Member
1,637 Posts
Isn't this the best! I hated to see Rossi crash out, but he wasn't exactly leading the race when he went down. I think Nicky came to win as much as Rossi did and he showed it. And what about Bayliss? :wtf That dude was insane out there. So, in closing, to all the Hayden haters..... :p :p :p

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
im glad to see an american win again, its been a long time since an american won... but the truth is, yes he raced hard and deserves the championship, and yes he would not have won the championship if rossi didnt crash out (the position of rossi and hayden when rossi crashed would have given rossi enough to win the championship), but you know what? who cares!! thats racing!! CONGRATULATIONS NICKY!!

on a side note, i wish rossi would have won...but hayden is a helluva racer though:thumbup

·
Chubby Chaser
57,844 Posts
Teknikscian said:
HA! the haters will prolly say that he only won because rossi crashed out...

Actually it was one of 2 things that won him the championship.

Either Rossi crashing in Valencia....

or

Colin Edwards crashing out of the lead in Assen....

If either of those didn't happen, then Rossi would be champ. With Hayden in 3rd, Rossi would have needed 9th to win.

·
Premium Member
67 Posts
I'm Italian so I would have loved for Rossi to win this one as well...
But credits due to Heyden who was consistant all season... Heyden is not a legendary champ like Rossi, Doohan, fogarty and others but he has balls, he managed the pressure of being 8 points down at the last race and he kept his cool...
I don't think it's fair to compare him to Rossi, he's extraordinary as the as the others I named above, let's instead compare Heyden's overall performance with the other Guys this season, he brought the championship home fairly and didn't steal it from anybody..
Next year should be cool on the 800s, Rossi will still be the one to beat, I'm guessing Heyden, Pedrosa and Melandri will be the other contenders biting at his heels, Stoner would be too but he needs to learn to stay on the bike for the entire race, reminds me of Pierfrancesco Chili :D

·
Registered
72 Posts
Just goes to show that consistancy wins in the end. Nicky was never out of the top 10 all season (with the exception of Estoril), had 10 podiums and 2 wins. Congrats to him and his team.

I honestly thought Rossi was going to take it, but that's racing!!! Anything can happen.

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
gsxr6002005 said:
im glad to see an american win again, its been a long time since an american won... but the truth is, yes he raced hard and deserves the championship, and yes he would not have won the championship if rossi didnt crash out (the position of rossi and hayden when rossi crashed would have given rossi enough to win the championship), but you know what? who cares!! thats racing!! CONGRATULATIONS NICKY!!

on a side note, i wish rossi would have won...but hayden is a helluva racer though:thumbup
eh when that happen hayden was in 2nd and rossie was in 7th. giving hayden a three point lead. so nicky would have still won it.

i have been rooting for nicky all year. i was hoping for a american to win it. i am tried of motogp all over his dick all the time. even when he is dead last the camera's are on him. so fuck him. i am all for the underdog.

here to you nicky:cheers :punk

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Hayden did what he had to do to win and good for him. I am glad he brought it home for the US and yes I did doubt him cause I still dont think he is the better rider between Him and Rossi.

Would have been nice to watch them RACE all the way through and rub elbows at the finish just like they did at the start when Rossi decided to turn his bike off at the starting line for some reason. WTF kind of start was that. He went from Pole to 7th to last in 4 laps. Looked like Rossi chocked this time around.

Kudoz to Hayden. Shame on Rossi. But hello Troy Bayliss! Too bad we cant really see all the best riders compete on the same stage. That would make for some great races.

·
Banned
16,404 Posts
i dont like the guy only bcause he has never proven himself, either in ama in which he "won" on a bigger bike, or in gp in which it, the championship was "slipped" to him by finishing in the top 4-5 consistantly.

i want a champion to be a winner..nicky isnt a winner.

Oh by the way, ive always said he would "inherit" this "championship"..

by the way, in your spare time look up the word "winner" in the dictionary..think it fits hayden??

·
Premium Member
11,887 Posts
Things might have been mighty different if Caporossi wouldn't have crashed out and gotten hurt earlier in the season. He had a pretty good season with the Duc all things considered. Next year will be interesting.

He had 3 wins and 5 podiums with some DNFs and riding a race or two in major pain.

·
Registered
936 Posts
spongebob said:
i dont like the guy only bcause he has never proven himself, either in ama in which he "won" on a bigger bike, or in gp in which it, the championship was "slipped" to him by finishing in the top 4-5 consistantly.

by the way, in your spare time look up the word "winner" in the dictionary..think it fits hayden??
To some degree I do see what you're saying... and I have said several times in the past that more emphasis should be put on winning. Consistently being in the top 4 or 5 is surely a strong rider... but champion? I don't know. In Nicky's case... I'm on the fence a bit, but still do feel like he deserves all the credit to take home the crown. This season was an odd one and there's a lot of things you can point at to say "if this happened" or "if that didn't happen" that could change everything. That being said... he took Laguna and that solidifies it for me. I will say that I do feel that Rossi is still the better racer. 3 races with 0 points and he pretty much would've won the championship if he didn't crash out. At the same time, that's racing and you can't take anything away from Hayden. He deserves it.

I wish Rossi wouldn't have crashed out only because I would've like to see a race yesterday and not the top guys just riiding around the circuit.

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
spongebob said:

Another foolish comment from you, what a surprise. I would consider anybody who wins the MotoGp Championship a winner. It was harldy handed to him. He raced hard and consistent all year and finished with the most points. If you want to hand the Championship to the best rider, then there is no need to even race a single race. Just hand it to Rossi in the begining of the year and call it good. There is a lot more to winning a championship then being the best rider. So in other words, go lay and egg you hater. Go Nicky. :cheers

1 - 20 of 82 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.