Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I train at the MMA LAB in Glendale, AZ Under John Crouch.. any other fellow riders up in this piece do some training??

·
Registered
781 Posts
You freakin douchebag loser... I come on some random website I try to keep all to my own, and you gotta follow me there too? Hey Big HEAD!! Its Parrish.....:biggrin See you tonight? The Lab is filming another commercial today.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Forgot a couple things.

Big Head, none of these guys train. They are all noobs who only wear Tapout cause they saw it on Ultimate Fighter and thought it was the new cool thing to do. Also they believe everything they read like Kimo is dead and Ken Shamrock is the World's Most Dangerous Man. So take it easy on these guys....:lmao:lmao:flipoff

OH, and the title should have read... Where do you train? Please dont make me ashamed to say I know you.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hahah DAMN! I would run into you. and no I wont be at the LAB until I save up some more money, where is the commercial going to be? oh and have fun training tonight OLD MAN! :biggrin

·
Registered
201 Posts
Was on at Nashville MMA for awhile, but moved 250 miles away a few months in, now I'm back in Nashville and getting ready to move once again...never stops.

·
Premium Member
9,050 Posts
I train at the House of Pain Martial Arts/BJJ school under Jeff Rydbom.

·
Premium Member
9,050 Posts
I've trained at Cobra Kai here in LV for quite a while.. I'm currently taking some time off after a pretty bad rib injury while sparring a cpl months ago :(
Ironic. I have bruised ribs after kickboxing drills a week ago. I think maybe even cracked, not sure yet. Rib injuries suck ass.

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Ironic. I have bruised ribs after kickboxing drills a week ago. I think maybe even cracked, not sure yet. Rib injuries suck ass.
YEA they do. ugh.. I never even saw a doc so I'm not sure what happened to mine but.. I was rolling in no gi class and about 2 minutes in I felt something move under the skin in my lower left ribs. I figured it was a muscle spasm and I didn't feel any initial pain so I continued on (BIG ass mistake). A cpl minutes later my partner passes my half guard with his knee and, as I twisted into him to try and get my guard back, he had pressure on the same area and I felt a *POP* followed by the most excruciating pain.. I seriously kinda heard myself yelp as I went face down on the mat and everyone in class stopped to see wtf was up..

As I rolled over I had a big bump sticking out and I couldn't turn or breathe fully. The next couple weeks sucked BAD. I had to sleep sitting up b/c if I tried to lay down the rib would POP out of place which was extremely painful.. it'd actually pop like 3x a day even though I was wearing a support belt around my chest and moving around slowly and carefully. I couldn't take a deep breath or cough for about 3 weeks. There's still a bump where the injury took place.. ugh I NEVER want to go though that again... alright I'm done with my sob story lol

What about you? Did you get it checked out? I was told that there's not much the Dr can do for rib injuries besides prescribe 800mg ibuprofen and a rib belt:dunno

·
Premium Member
9,050 Posts
YEA they do. ugh.. I never even saw a doc so I'm not sure what happened to mine but.. I was rolling in no gi class and about 2 minutes in I felt something move under the skin in my lower left ribs. I figured it was a muscle spasm and I didn't feel any initial pain so I continued on (BIG ass mistake). A cpl minutes later my partner passes my half guard with his knee and, as I twisted into him to try and get my guard back, he had pressure on the same area and I felt a *POP* followed by the most excruciating pain.. I seriously kinda heard myself yelp as I went face down on the mat and everyone in class stopped to see wtf was up..

As I rolled over I had a big bump sticking out and I couldn't turn or breathe fully. The next couple weeks sucked BAD. I had to sleep sitting up b/c if I tried to lay down the rib would POP out of place which was extremely painful.. it'd actually pop like 3x a day even though I was wearing a support belt around my chest and moving around slowly and carefully. I couldn't take a deep breath or cough for about 3 weeks. There's still a bump where the injury took place.. ugh I NEVER want to go though that again... alright I'm done with my sob story lol

What about you? Did you get it checked out? I was told that there's not much the Dr can do for rib injuries besides prescribe 800mg ibuprofen and a rib belt:dunno
Yeah that sucks. No doc for me, I called him, nothing he can do. Just takes up to 4-6 weeks!!!:cursing I can't even do a sit up, and have a hell of a time benching. I took 2 weeks off of class. I wake up in the morning, and have to use my gun safe next to my bed to pull myself up it hurts so bad.:dissapointed Oh well, you can't play the game and pay the price. I am hoping to have a fight in November so I have to heal fast. Good luck!:cheers

·
Has Custom Title Envy
30,726 Posts
I only train BJJ, but I train under Paul Schreiner at my company gym 2 times a week, and the rest of the time I train at Heroes Martial Arts in San Jose.

·
Wants Robert Pattinson to explore his Twilight Sta
3,415 Posts
starting myself bjj. fabio novaes, lakeland,fl. actually from brazil and hold a few black belts in it.

j

·
Premium Member
117,182 Posts
:dissapointed......... :english...... too many kicks to the head maybe :dunno

·
Funkyzeit mit Gavveth! Needs a stiff Ass Blasting.
12,432 Posts
I train Muay Thai only at ATT (American Top Team) Coconut Creek under Steve Bruno and Chutiphat Runsgawang (Master Chut), might start doing BJJ next year, depends on how my body holds up :biggrin

·
Funkyzeit mit Gavveth! Needs a stiff Ass Blasting.
12,432 Posts

I am taking this week off from a bruised rib I got over a week ago (I got it on Tues and foolishly went to class on Thurs) It hurt to inhale all the way and sneezing is a nightmare, I went to the doc to make sure it wasnt broken, x-rays came back yesterday and its just bruised. Its my lower rib cage on the back side so I am just happy its a rib and not a back injury. He gave me some painkillers and an anti-inflamatory, said I am good to go back next Tues :biggrin

1 - 20 of 32 Posts