Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I feel silly asking this but... protecting my girl is more important!

I'm in WV and I haven't seen a single shop within a 2 hour driving radius that has men's leathers (except Harley stuff...), much less women's leathers. My GF has been wanting to ride more and I don't like her riding without proper attire. I don't want to order her random stuff that won't fit right or be uncomfortable, and as finicky as she is with the average t-shirt I'm sure she'd whine about anything she didn't try on first.

I don't mind going out of state to find stuff, just would like to know a shop or 2 that actually has a decent stock before venturing off. Any of you girls know of a shop in WV/VA/OH/TN/PA with a good selection? VA would be particularly nice since I'm heading there anyways to pick her up a new car (spoiled, right?)

I know most 'respectable' shops would have such things, but we're fresh out of those and I just never kept an eye out for it elsewhere.

PS: looking for 2pc

·
Premium Member
117,182 Posts
There wont be many that have womens leathers in stock, but the most likely up north would be Sportbiketrackgear, but they are in MI.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There wont be many that have womens leathers in stock, but the most likely up north would be Sportbiketrackgear, but they are in MI.
Thanks Joe!
Actually had a trip to MI planned for the beginning of May :cheers
Is it because of the time of year or is it just that hard to find?

·
Premium Member
117,182 Posts
Just not many keep leathers in stock for women honestly.

REally there are only three common brands as far as i know for women. Dainese makes a good one, Astars makes teh Stela suit, and FemMoto offers one which is basically made by hein gerricke I think.

another option is also custom leathers. There are lots of options there in the $1000 +/- price range

·
Premium Member
179 Posts
I've had good luck at Cycle Gear & I see they have shops on the east coast. Just google & check for shops in your area. I've been happy with their "exclusive" brand. Have a 1 piece Sidici I got for a killer price, but their 2 piece sets look nice, too. They have many of the usual brands also, and will order in other sizes if needed.

For mail order, try motorcyclegear.com. Their return policy is the best around, & they have amazing prices on their "last chance bargains". I haven't found anyone close to them in service & rarely find better prices. The extra pictures they take of products on a real person are priceless. You can even call & they'll check leg lengths, etc.

Good luck & have fun!

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks again Joe and Luna C!

I'll check out Cycle Gear, I found a couple shops I'm going to call that aren't too far ^^.

·
Banned
10,466 Posts
dunno where you are in WV, but did you check out Romneycycles.com ? or Leesons in Bridgeport?

some hella good twisties out there to make the trip fun :thumbup

If you are "forced" to get something that just doesn't fit quite right...lizzyleather.com is the way you want to go for alterations. She's in VA...so sorta local.

If you are coming to VA, go to Coleman Powersports or MHKS (Manassas Honda Kawasaki Suzuki). May have better luck at Coleman Powersports (but MHKS is a better all-around service/parts shop, just their leathers selection is quite limited. Got tons of helmets and gloves though.)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Not sure where you are in WV but you my try cycle gear near pittsburgh. They have a decent selection in mens, (and womens I THINK, call and check first please) but I know everytime I go there, they have some killer deals!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts