Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering where people go to practice tricks? Do people just go to an empty parking lot? Im sure thats not legal, so where do people go to practice? Has to be somewhere were they are not getting into trouble with the law. Also if you have a bike thats just for stunting and has no title just a bill of sale would you get into trouble stunting it in a parking lot as log as you load it up when done and dont ever ride it on the street?
Thanks

·
Registered
793 Posts
i would say find a place on a sunday in a parking lot with no traffic. I think more then anything just know your area and how your towns cops are. Just my 2 cents

·
Premium Member
451 Posts
go to an industrial park where there are warehouses and loading bays.. they are generally deserted after 5pm weekdays and on weekends

if you want to hit a parking lot in a populated area, be careful.. while they are considered "private property", if they are not fenced in so that there is no public access they can still be considered to be motor highways and you can get hammered just as though you were on the street. most cops, especially if they are not traffic cops, don't know this so you can get off but if you get a dick they will make your life difficult

biggest thing is to treat the cops with respect, refer to them as officer, and be polite and compliant. they will generally always show up (it's only a matter of time) so you want to create a good rapport with em.

also, if you are doing fast stuff stay as far away as you can from civilization. i get away with riding in my city's downtown core spot only because it's clear that i'm not being reckless ie i only do slow stuff

also doing burnouts usually gets you kicked out fast.. either from noise complaints or property owners hate you for marking up their property

·
Premium Member
5,378 Posts
+1 to what incantation said.
I would think that most cops would respect the fact that you were doing it in a closed area and not on the street.

·
Premium Member
117,182 Posts
In the experience of some of the local guys, they actually are LESS likely to get harrased if they have bikes with no mirrors, no lights, no tags etc.... and show no interest or intent on going on a public road.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys for the good info. Now I just gotta go and find some good places. I cant wait to start learing how to stunt. Im pretty pumped cause I just got a k4 gixxer and I ahve never rode a GSXR before, so im really curious if I will like it better then my R6. Should be able to ride it for the first time here in a couple of weeks.
Thanks again!

·
Registered
132 Posts
I like to practice my moves in front of the local Middle and High Schools, those kids will let you know if your good or not with cheers or laughs.

Im to cool for school,

Jake

·
Registered
132 Posts
Quit stalking the Jakester aKillEase, I know I live the life of your dreams and all, but please stop stalking me.

Im not Paris Hilton,

Jake

·
Registered
445 Posts
Around my parts there are plenty of spots. Before the economy crashed, our small town area was pulling in between 2,000 to 6,000 people a month. That meant alot of residential developments were going up.

After the bottom fell out we were left with all kinds of un-occupied, bank owned, streets in very secluded area's. Alot of drag racing and stunts are free to roam undetected.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
About this Discussion
15 Replies
12 Participants
Gold Tie
Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
A forum community dedicated to the Suzuki GSX-R motorcycle. Discuss the GSX-R600, GSX-R750, GSX-R1000, and GSX-R1100, and more!
Full Forum Listing