Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i looked all over ebay and i cant find the mentioned $15 front sprockets. There are no auctions at all for 04 gsxr600 sprockets! There is only an ebay store that has the front for 26.95 + $8 shipping and rear for $62.95 +8 for the rear....these are for vortex sprockets btw....is that a good price or what? can anyone recommend me a place to get sprockets for my bike at a decent price? preferbably a place that will sell both to save on shipping ? oh yea i want 15t for the front and 47t for the rear steel no aluminum and 525 chain size

·
Registered
360 Posts
That's right around what I paid for mine at my local bike shop. I got my chain for about 90 bucks, also.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Try www.kneedraggers.com that's where I got my vortex front. They are a little cheaper than the price you just posted and they have a larger selection of brands.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Try www.kneedraggers.com that's where I got my vortex front. They are a little cheaper than the price you just posted and they have a larger selection of brands.
thanks for the site! prices look way cheaper than the ebay one! i learned that ebay isnt always the cheapest! btw...vortex only makes alumminum rear sprockets...i thought those were no good cause they wear out faster? im gonna be using my stock chain with 3000 miles on it for the -1t front +2t rear

·
Registered
8,423 Posts
Todd at Calsportbike.com usually can throw you a deal. I bought my AFAM front from him and it was only $17.

·
Registered
528 Posts
thanks for the site! prices look way cheaper than the ebay one! i learned that ebay isnt always the cheapest! btw...vortex only makes alumminum rear sprockets...i thought those were no good cause they wear out faster? im gonna be using my stock chain with 3000 miles on it for the -1t front +2t rear
You got it man. That's why we're all here, to help each other out.
Yes, the alum. rears will wear our faster. There is a company that makes a tri-metal rear sprocket. It's alum in the middle, and two other harder metals around the outside and at the connection points
or something like that. It's really expensive $100+) but it has a life time warranty. I know one of the guys on here runs one and he loves it.

·
Registered
8,423 Posts
Yes I do love it!!! Sidewindersprockets.com!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts