Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking through a site or two of GDC sponsors, and all I could find in terms of replacement levers are CGD levers which run ~100$ or so each. I'd like to have a spare set, but can anyone point me in the direction of some that are a bit cheaper?

Also.. I got my race upper fairing stay today. They sent me a GP-tech instead of a Vortex. Think it's worth returning or should I just keep it - I mean, it seems nice and has replaceable ears.

Thanks

·
Registered
9,174 Posts
Cycle Gear sells cheap levers for something like $15... maybe less.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
what bike are they for? i have a spare goodie bag that i am selling!

the bag includes 2 or 3 of each clutch and brake levers, 1 clutch perch and 1 front master cylinder! all are stock parts for 01-03 gsxr 600, 00-03 750 and 01-02 1000.

let me know if you are interested! or anyone else for that matter!

·
Here is your "R"
6,926 Posts
STAY AWAY FROM THE LP LEVERS, we have had a few snap off including mine. Also two others members have snapped on them. An LP clutch lever is fine, but for the brake buy a new or used suzuki.

Mine cost me a full days of race I couldnt figure it out, it was cracked and would bend backwards.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
STAY AWAY FROM THE LP LEVERS, we have had a few snap off including mine. Also two others members have snapped on them. An LP clutch lever is fine, but for the brake buy a new or used suzuki.

Mine cost me a full days of race I couldnt figure it out, it was cracked and would bend backwards.
Note to newbies - buy whatever levers you want. LP's levers are fine. Problem is that the newbies don't drill or notch them and they snap as soon as they touch the ground or clip something in the trailer, etc.

Remember young grasshopper - drill or notch before race...

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Which levers do you guys use?

And... where do you get them?

PS - I looked over and over at ronayers and didn't find a thing.

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
i have a problem where i can only use stock brake levers, aftermarket levers dont have enough inward adjustment (i like my brake lever close to the bar)

·
Registered
4,508 Posts

Note to newbies - buy whatever levers you want. LP's levers are fine. Problem is that the newbies don't drill or notch them and they snap as soon as they touch the ground or clip something in the trailer, etc.

Bro please. Don't assume everybody are idiots. I put one on my old R6 also and after 3 days it snapped right off in my hand on the way to pit out (I was pumping it a little to get some pressure). I praise the lord it didn't happen on the way into T1. I'm an OEM man too after that.

You can get levers on ebay. The OEM ones go for about $40 (brake) shipped for a nice one. Sometimes cheaper now that the el cheapo snapparoo ones are out

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Do you guys think that the CRG ones are worth it at $100/lever? I really like the shorty's where it's pretty much for the pointer and middle finger, and I figure that way they won't get messed up or broken in a lowside.

I just dunno if I want to spend $200 worth on levers. Tight budget and whatnot...

Here's a pic...

·
Here is your "R"
6,926 Posts

My lever didnt break in a wreck or in a trailer. They cracked in the middle of a race, I ended up blowing the chicane cause my brake lever bent back to the grips. The lever was only 2-3 months old when it snapped.

They crack in the inside of the MC joint

I would spend the money on a brembo MC and lever. Everyone that has one at the races say there the bomb

·
.............OG
37,640 Posts
i've used LP levers a number of times and they only cost around $5... can't beat the price. i've never had a problem with them bending or breaking.

·
Premium Member
13,304 Posts
i've used LP levers a number of times and they only cost around $5... can't beat the price. i've never had a problem with them bending or breaking.
same here i use them alot., never any problems., .,

bunch of sallies...

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
I have no idea what you guys are doing wrong with the LP levers. What you need to do before you claim they are junk is send them to Aaron at LP and have him take a look at them. I have seen that type of damage, but only from a crash or from contact.

We've run LP levers on Kawasakis and Suzukis for years and never had a problem.

I don't think anyone is an idiot, but how many guys actually drill or notch their levers, anyways? Also, how tight are you putting the bolt in before you put the safety nut on? Things like that can significantly attribute to the damage you show... I cannot believe you just pumped up the brakes and the lever broke. Sounds way too much like it was from something else...

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Which levers do you guys use?

And... where do you get them?

PS - I looked over and over at ronayers and didn't find a thing.

what bike are they for? i have a spare goodie bag that i am selling!

the bag includes 2 or 3 of each clutch and brake levers, 1 clutch perch and 1 front master cylinder! all are stock parts for 01-03 gsxr 600, 00-03 750 and 01-02 1000.

let me know if you are interested! or anyone else for that matter!

·
Premium Member
3,847 Posts
I have no idea what you guys are doing wrong with the LP levers. What you need to do before you claim they are junk is send them to Aaron at LP and have him take a look at them. I have seen that type of damage, but only from a crash or from contact.
what could they possibly be 'doing wrong' with a lever? either they're outrigtht lying, or they broke off in their hands. considering how many stories I've heard to this effect, I kind of doubt they're all just making this shit up.

·
Premium Member
13,304 Posts
what could they possibly be 'doing wrong' with a lever? either they're outrigtht lying, or they broke off in their hands. considering how many stories I've heard to this effect, I kind of doubt they're all just making this shit up.
or., the bike was tapping the wall in the trailer the hoel ride and they never noticed and the lever was cracked from that ., or something simalar.... so they just think the levers break on there own.... which they do not....

·
Registered
6,418 Posts

We've run LP levers on Kawasakis and Suzukis for years and never had a problem.

I don't think anyone is an idiot, but how many guys actually drill or notch their levers, anyways? Also, how tight are you putting the bolt in before you put the safety nut on? Things like that can significantly attribute to the damage you show... I cannot believe you just pumped up the brakes and the lever broke. Sounds way too much like it was from something else...
i hear people say the same thing. ive never had a problem with LP levers.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts