Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm selling my 05 750 to try my hand at racing (600cc). I live in NC. Where should I start looking? Any websites where people post their race/track bikes? Also, anyone in this area, what orgs do you recommend?

·
Here is your "R"
6,926 Posts
I dont know how experienced you are at the track but if you want to race I would try to stay out off 600's. CCS Middleweight is so crowded! Youll have better luck running lightweight with say a sv 650. Plus tires are cheaper

·
Registered
4,361 Posts
Try the WERA website (posted above), The CCS Bulletin board ( www.racemotorcycles.com ). I got 2 race bikes off of ebay for decent prices ('99 gix6 for $1800 race ready a couple of years ago and my RD for less than $1000 with enough spares to build a second bike). I just waited until I found a good deal though and wasn't in a hurry or I could have spent a lot more.
Welcome to the real world of motorcycling, everything else prior will soon pale in comparison.

·
Registered
6,418 Posts
Try the WERA website (posted above), The CCS Bulletin board ( www.racemotorcycles.com ). I got 2 race bikes off of ebay for decent prices ('99 gix6 for $1800 race ready a couple of years ago and my RD for less than $1000 with enough spares to build a second bike). I just waited until I found a good deal though and wasn't in a hurry or I could have spent a lot more.
Welcome to the real world of motorcycling, everything else prior will soon pale in comparison.
old peopel are that way

·
Registered
6,418 Posts
how much for th sv????

just dont buy nothing from a jackass named R6FEVER

·
Registered
6,418 Posts
its not for me fartdog. its for someone fast you woulnt understand

1 - 13 of 13 Posts