1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Banned
16,404 Posts
the FI havem in the fuel tank

·
Registered
144 Posts
Go to your local auto supply store and buy a small inline filter for your bike. It's less than $3 and catches alot more dirt than that mesh filter in the tank.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
does anyone have a pic of the filter. I took out the bottom of the tank and have the fuel pump and everything here. what does the filter part look like. Sorry if this is a dumb question but this is my first fuel injected bike. I never had to do this on the carbed srad lol.

·
Banned
16,404 Posts
cause the carbed srads dont have a filter in the tank...

·
Registered
100 Posts
Are you sure about carbed bikes not having fuel filters in the tank?

I'm thinking about checking my fuel filter because i'm sure its never be checked EVER! Seeing this post I decided to grab my electronic copy of the service manual (for the 600's) and it seems to show that they do have a fuel filter in the tank with the fuel pump?
I hope i'm not reading it wrong as the pictures aren't very clear (PDF type scan). I'm just keen to know so i can check mine as well.

Cheers,
Rob

·
Bearded Viking Admin...
131,133 Posts
Hmm - guess I didn't clean mine a couple of months ago, then...

Yes they do, attached to the fuel pump, plastic mesh, looks something like a tea bag

·
Registered
4,361 Posts
Go to your local auto supply store and buy a small inline filter for your bike. It's less than $3 and catches alot more dirt than that mesh filter in the tank.
+1
The "filter" in the tank might stop aomething the size of a bolt but other than that it's pretty worthless.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks alot guys for your help, I will try to find the inline filter, Just one more question, Do the f.I. bikes have the same spark plugs as the carbed 750's. I noticed when I took out the plugs in my carbed motor they were cr8ek and in the FI they were cr9e, also the carbed had 2 pens at the end and the FI had 1. I am wondering because I put the carbed plugs in and it sounded like it was missing.

·
Registered
1 Posts
It's Located Inside The Tank . I'm Looking For A Fuel Pump For A 1999 600 Srad And Also If You Can Post Or E-mail Me Some Pics Of How Wire Harness Is Hooked Up To The Bike And What Route To Run Cables . Thanks.
Spirit

·
Bearded Viking Admin...
131,133 Posts
IRIE RIDER said:
It's Located Inside The Tank . I'm Looking For A Fuel Pump For A 1999 600 Srad And Also If You Can Post Or E-mail Me Some Pics Of How Wire Harness Is Hooked Up To The Bike And What Route To Run Cables . Thanks.
Spirit
You'll have more luck if you start your own thread... This one is a year old :wait

For the fuel pump, check eBay or contact the member SRADIATOR here - he has the hook-up on a lot of used bike parts and a good guy to deal with :thumbup

The wiring and routing diagrams are in the workshop manual which you can download as a .pdf file from here if you're a supporting member. Only costs 10$/year and you get a lot of other benefits, discounts, etc.

You can support the site here: http://www.gixxer.com/forums/payments.php

Oh, and turn of your Caps Lock :p

Martin

·
Registered
4,058 Posts
+ 1 on Sradiator. My 6ixxer is sitting nice on some mint 750 forks he gave me a sweet deal on and even met me at a 711 around here at 10pm because i needed them the next day.

·
Registered
1998 Gsxr 600
19 Posts
In response to you saying there's no filter on the srad you are completely wrong I have a 98 and my filter is a dark color I can see when I shine the light in the tank, I'm sure I need to change that

·
Registered
1998 Gsxr 600
19 Posts
Are you sure about carbed bikes not having fuel filters in the tank?

I'm thinking about checking my fuel filter because i'm sure its never be checked EVER! Seeing this post I decided to grab my electronic copy of the service manual (for the 600's) and it seems to show that they do have a fuel filter in the tank with the fuel pump?
I hope i'm not reading it wrong as the pictures aren't very clear (PDF type scan). I'm just keen to know so i can check mine as well.

Cheers,
Rob
I have a 98 srad you are absolutely right it has a filter if your manual says it does you should know it does lol

·
Premium Member
5,790 Posts
my 600 is carbed 98 and it had a sock filter inside the tank attached to the pump, I got a new on online good to go! dood sells it all now..

·
Registered
3,030 Posts
From the factory. There was a small inline filter in the brass inlet nipple. Most likely removed over the years. Still available as NOS, or get an inline filter to install.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts