Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
:shifty He's too polite, I just can't say anything mean....Can't let my employee's find out I have a soft spot :banghead

Many thanks, much appreciated. Exactly what I needed.
Regards,
Tolga
Hi AsphaltPilot,

Thanks for the advice.
Thanks jgsxr1. Actually, I did look at the manual but that was about 3 years ago, never had a problem with the bike until now, and it's not here with me at work. Appreciate your response.

·
Registered
88 Posts
It is a little strange, when I got my K5 I was taking the seats and fairings off to work out where everything was just in case I ever needed to do it on the side of the road one day.

·
Registered
94 Posts
:lol

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Dunno if it's been mentioned through all the derogatory posts, but be EXTREMELY careful when jumpstarting a bike. You are working in a very tight space, and it is very easy to short the positive terminal to the frame. For this reason, I actually do it in the reverse of the recommended order:

1) connect negative jump battery terminal to bike frame/engine (I've had good luck with the footpegs).

2) connect positive jump battery terminal to positive bike battery terminal... I never let go of this one unless I can't get another set of hands to help me start it.

I did see it mentioned, and I second it... don't start the car if you're using it to jump. The battery alone has enough juice to start the bike... no need to count on the auto regulator to KEEP from frying your bike's charging system...

If you've had the same battery for 3 years, you're due for replacement anyway. Given the ease of access, you may just want to buy a replacement and skip jumping altogether.

·
Banned
1 Posts
i was searching for the best baby convertible car seats and some issues related to them i found this discussion. i really want some suggestions if you have experience with babies car seats please guide which is the best convertible car seat for my new born baby which will be the most comfy and quality product for my baby?also some of my friends told me it is not safe enough for Newborn baby.Anyone has suggestions?

·
Premium Member
24,541 Posts
i was searching for the best baby convertible car seats and some issues related to them i found this discussion. i really want some suggestions if you have experience with babies car seats please guide which is the best convertible car seat for my new born baby which will be the most comfy and quality product for my baby?also some of my friends told me it is not safe enough for Newborn baby.Anyone has suggestions?
Obvious spammer is obvious bumping a 9yr old thread :facepalm

21 - 29 of 29 Posts