Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be adding a second oil cooler to my bike. I have a 90 curved oil cooler and I will add an GSXR 1000 oil cooler. Where can I find some good fittings?
Thanks.

·
Banned
3,509 Posts
Someone (Joey or Hunter?) Had a link to a supplier in the UK that has machined adaptors for the gixxers and bandits. They were a little expensive but they bolt right on.

I got my attachments from Aeroquip. I used the original suzuki lines, used a MAPP gas torch to melt the brass solder off the banjo/line. I then silver soldered the AN fittings into the suzuki banjos. That way I could use braided lines for the right lengths.

Here's the album of my cooler line projects.

·
Banned
11,514 Posts
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by suzukiltd:
I will be adding a second oil cooler to my bike. I have a 90 curved oil cooler and I will add an GSXR 1000 oil cooler. Where can I find some good fittings?
Thanks.
<hr></blockquote>

did your curved cooler bolt right in?

and does it contact the stock bodywork anywhere?

thanks

·
Registered
257 Posts
Earls Performance Plumbing should have everything you need but it seems only UK suppliers are that familiar with their bike and GSXR products. Call up APE Racing Products, the should be able to hook you up (literally): www.aperaceparts.com

Matt

·
Banned
3,509 Posts
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by MDill:
Earls Performance Plumbing should have everything you need but it seems only UK suppliers are that familiar with their bike and GSXR products. Call up APE Racing Products, the should be able to hook you up (literally): www.aperaceparts.com

Matt
<hr></blockquote>

Earls is hit or miss. They didn't have shit when I contacted them last year. "we don't have that old stuff in stock anymore" was their position.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I would prefer to use the stock lines so I will try Simon Orttan's way. I just need to get the correct fittings.
Mr. Gixxer I have not mounted the cooler yet. I do now I will need to fabricate some sort of bracket to make it work. The cooler is suppose to cool much better than stock so I figured I would try it. I don't know how well the body will mount up after its installed, but I can make anything fit with a dremel and a hammer

·
Premium Member
3,183 Posts
I get shit hot service from Earl's UK for the picky little bike bits that leave the Earl's USA guys going 'huh?'.

At any rate, I have two nice adaptors that they sold me for the standard water cooled Suzuki cooler (same from 750w/1100w/tl100s/etc etc. One end is that oddball 'T' two fastener plus O ring fitting that we all know and love/hate....this turns into a standard -8 male. Nice and small and neat. I've still got the original cooler off my 1100 and will be doing a hatchet job (
) to fit it to my wife's F4.

·
Registered
176 Posts
So, any of you 7/11 conversion guys have extra stock lines laying around? I'm going crazy trying to locate some (found some on Ebay this week, bid with 10 hours to go, and forgot to set the alarm for 5:40 a.m. to check and make sure I won - so I didn't).

I'm effing going nuts with this, since the rest of the bike is basically ready to run, but I can't find the oil lines (flat fitting ones on one end!) (oh, yeah, I bought a set two weeks ago, but they were the wrong style!)

PLEASE, PLEASE check your garage. I just need the RIGHT side.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts