Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

Where do you guys buy your parts?

844 views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  341 
#1 ·
Hey there, as you probably saw a few of my posts yesterday, I'm new to the Gixxer.com forums and I need some help. I have a 91 GSXR750 and I'm looking for a few parts that I can't seem to find anywhere, I was wondering if you guys could help me out. Please provide a link if possible, I just don't want to go to the dealership to buy this stuff.

1) A full aftermarket pipe (I have one of those half-deals)

2) An Air Filter element for my carburetors (my bike did not have them on it when I bought it)

3) A replacement OEM or upgraded oil cooler unit (mine has quite a few bent fins)

Thanks a bunch guys, I really look forward to being an active member on these boards.

See less See more
#2 ·
I get my parts wherever the deals are. For aftermarket stuff, I have a Yamaha dealer that gives me a real good discount. For OEM, it's the Suzuki dealer, who gives a slightly less discount. For used parts, I have a wrecker to check, and then it's eBay searching. Still haven't found a couple pieces I'm looking for, but I'm optimistic they'll show at some time.

You can try the site sponsors, Ron Ayers for OEM, the others for aftermarket as well as Ayers. They give GDC members a discount, and some of them give even more if you're a red R site supporter. Cycle Concepts comes to mind there.

#7 ·
I normally use the local shop in the town I work but after the experiance of 2 days ago I'll have to pass on them in the future. I went in to buy;

Pilot jets (8)
Plugs (4)
Chain Breaker (1)
Rear Sprocket (1)
Rear Tire (1)

I left with the plugs and chain tool only. But not because the didn't have the other stuff. No-Sireee, they had it but sinbce it was after 5pm (they close at 6pm) anyone who can answer a question such as "uh, do you have a 43 tooth rear sprocket". He even pulled the box of various jets out, set it on the counter, looked me dead in the eye and said; "Uh, the mechanic went home, can you come back tomarrow?" Dingleberry didnt even look and when I asked if I could take a peek he acted as if I just asked if I could bring his nuke powered sub to the surface for him. What a totally baffling time I had there. Never again. I like to support local business if I can but the have to at least pretend as though they want it.

#9 ·
Ditto that- I was pretty shocked myself. But what good is it to me if they can't even sell something to a guy with desire to buy it? I think someone would actually have to work harder to be that ignorant. The p[oor guy was fussing around with the fiche machine and was shocked when I whipped out my PDA and showed him the exact same schematic before he found his. But now I have a problem; I need a rear tire, I need it now, they have one. I think I'll make some calls.

#11 ·
Contact a road racer in your area and find out who is supplying tires at the track. Get ahold of him and have him bring a set of what you want to the track. Bring your wheels and have him mount and ballance them. Check prices, but the race tire supplier will probably be able to get you the best deal. Troy341

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.