Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
where can i find a chain longer than the stock 110 link.....i need a longer chain for my 04 750....and if i increase chain length do i HAVE to change sprocket size???

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
Yes you would have to change the rear sprocket bigger to accompany the longer chain, or to keep the sprockets the same, you would have to stretch the arm for a longer chain. Why would you want to have a longer chain than stock anyways? How can you have a stock 750 and a stock 750 chain wont fit it?

Scott

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well smurf...the chain is from a stock 04 600...but i did an engine swap to make it a 750....my question was what size chain or sprocket combo do i need to make it match my 750 engine???

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i did not do the engine swap....a dealership did it....and they told me when they did it that they moved my rear tire as far forward as it can go and my chain was still too tight.....so thats what i need help with...my chain tension is far to tight and there is no more room to adjust....stock 600 chain and sprocket set on a 750 moter.....too tight.....
is that not described correctly or what here..??? please help me..... need different sprockets chain what??? or is this not supposed to be this way, and if so what went wrong.....

·
Registered
116 Posts
Well heres the solution if u change one sprocket u have to change the other also if u go to a new chain the sprocket wear will end up eating the new cahin faster so... if u get a new chain get front and rear sprokets to avoid any problems at 160 mph down the road... P.S. I have put a new chain on and not put new sprockets on and it didnt really hurt anything!

·
Registered
654 Posts
How much did the stealership charge to do an engine swap?

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
themike....to just drop the 600 out and bolt up the 750 it took them 5-6 hrs.....

so total bill was around $400 for this.....

and will that master link trick work, or fuk up my sprockets??

·
Cock Thumb, or Thumb Cock? You decide.
31,593 Posts
themike....to just drop the 600 out and bolt up the 750 it took them 5-6 hrs.....

so total bill was around $400 for this.....

and will that master link trick work, or fuk up my sprockets??
you dont need 10-12 master links.. if the chain is as tight as you say, most youll need is 3- maybe 4 links.. and dont do it with masters.. get a new chain and new sprockets.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
ok here is my final question for this...i just noticed today that both sides of the axle arent on the same spot of the axle slider....the part where u slide theaxle front to back to adjust chain tension......my right side is all the way forward as far close to that little pinch nut, but my left side is still in the middle of that slide bar.....can this be the cause of my chain tension being a little too tight????

·
Cock Thumb, or Thumb Cock? You decide.
31,593 Posts
ok here is my final question for this...i just noticed today that both sides of the axle arent on the same spot of the axle slider....the part where u slide theaxle front to back to adjust chain tension......my right side is all the way forward as far close to that little pinch nut, but my left side is still in the middle of that slide bar.....can this be the cause of my chain tension being a little too tight????
umm yah.. it makes the chain tweak.. please telll me you havent bee riding with the wheel out of alignment like that

·
Registered
8,423 Posts
He didn't ride it like that. That is how he got it back from the dealer after the motor swap.

·
Registered
4,508 Posts
Sheez they couldn't adjust the chain right, I'd be a little nervous about the new motor.......

Those marks are off, but not to the extent you're describing. So setting them to the same mark would be a starting point, but doesn't mean the rear is perfectly aligned. Move the left side forward and it'll loosen the chain. May actually fix your original problem.

How much did you pay for the motor? And were there any snafoo's? I may be interested in doing something similar.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
no bull...the motor i got is fine...i got it off a guy here..owen was his name....i paid $1700 for the motor...dont care if thats too much but i needed it....and too install was around $400....and like gixrob said, no i havent been riding it like that..the only "snafoo's"ive had so far is my fukin ignorant stealership......

good luk...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts