Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking for aftermarket air pods for my 92 750....wanna get rid of the air box so I can yank out the carb faster and make the bike sharper.

Where can I find them online?
Or does someone here have them for sale?

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
http://www.dynojet.com/suzuki_flts.shtml

a bit pricey at $128.80... and don't forget that you will need a jet kit (additional $172.87) in those carbs and preferably a good 4-1 aftermarket pipe if you actually expect it to run with the airbox gone. I'm sure that just about anyone who sells motorcycle parts can order this stuff for ya... or just call dynojet from the # on the page...

·
Registered
17,099 Posts
the filters might be cheaper if you get them from k&n direct.....you don't actually have to run an aftermarket pipe with the airbox gone, the kits are actually engineered using bikes with stock pipes. they'll give you mains a size or two larger for use with aftermarket pipes.

·
Registered
38 Posts
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by jeff:
the filters might be cheaper if you get them from k&n direct.....you don't actually have to run an aftermarket pipe with the airbox gone, the kits are actually engineered using bikes with stock pipes. they'll give you mains a size or two larger for use with aftermarket pipes.<hr></blockquote>

I have a pair of twin K&N pods on my 86 modded gixxer with a complete 91 top end and 89-90 carbs.

Runs great have not jetted if I am correct but have a Hindle 4 into 1 pipe.

Sven

·
Registered
17,099 Posts
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Sven:

I have a pair of twin K&N pods on my 86 modded gixxer with a complete 91 top end and 89-90 carbs.

Runs great have not jetted if I am correct but have a Hindle 4 into 1 pipe.

Sven
<hr></blockquote>

check the main jets sizes in those carbs to be on the safe side....there's a substantial increase in jet size from stage 1 (airbox) to stage 3 (individual filters). for those carbs, stage 1 is in the 120's, stage 3 is in the 140's....

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Get a pair of K&N's a dynojet stage 3 144 mains and a free flowing race system and you are sorted !

·
Registered
893 Posts
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Shayne:

Where can I find them online?
Or does someone here have them for sale?[/QB]<hr></blockquote>
What size are your carbs? I have a set of single pod K&N filters, came off 86 750, 31mm carbs I'd sell.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts