Where can i find one?
&
How much do they cost?
&
How much weight do they actually cut?

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
I don't know where to find them but i haven't seen any aluminum tanks. I have seen carbon fiber which would be lighter than aluminum. Good luck

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. Yeah i've looked all over the internet and came up with nothing.
Hopefully someone knows.

·
Here is your "R"
6,926 Posts
I wouldnt trust an aluminum gas tank, sheets of aluminum are very weak and can rupture easily. Imagine you low siding and your tank scrapes the ground and sparks a fire.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Yoshimura made them. I've seen two, literally. Very rare item. They were at least a few thousand each. Simpler solution is a composite tank that can be ordered from a few manufactures. Build quality varies. Best place to lose that weight is in the wheels first.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I found a CF tank for $1050. OUCH!!!! The only thing that worries me is that if i ever lay the bike down that tank is going bye bye.

Yeah i'm going to also go for wheels as well when i save up enough. 2-3K is not something i have laying around.

·
Bearded Viking Admin...
131,133 Posts
How much weight do they actually cut?
I had the tank off and emptied it for fuel filter cleaning recently amd really - it isn't that heavy. Not something I'd spend multiple 100 dollars on saving a couple of lbs on, at least... Hell, having it half full instead of full makes more difference...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts