Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am new to the forum and new the the world of GSXR'S, I have just purchased a Gsxr 600 k7 and am aware the the Recitfiers fail and cause issues.

From research it appears that a fh020aa mosfet would be the best option for the long term as well as relocating it.

I have seen the videos online about all the fakes and am wondering where I can buy one in the UK.

I am aware they can be purchased easily from the US but all the import fees etc make them so expensive.

Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Genuine one should look like above. Metal back and note the casting shape and circle positions

·
Registered
77 Posts
Even some of the fake ones are now being made with the metal backing.
You can't buy new genuine shindengen fh020aa from ebay as they are not sold on there. If you want new, you may have to order it through a honda, yamaha or bmw dealer. Or you may find a used one off ebay from a wrecked honda cbr500 or something.

I don't believe it to be a straight fit. On my K4 600 the hole spacings were different, so I had to make up an adapter bracket. And the connections will be different too.

Most people will recommend that you stick to the OEM rectifier and mount it to the side for better cooling. You might find some tutorials on how to do this, if you do a search of the site.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Is there any reason why people would recommend sticking to one? Surely relocating and going mosfet will improve chances of never needing to change it again.

You mention the different manufacturers. Will any of the fh012aa or fh020aa fit once I buy the right adapter.

Any idea what the numbers underneath the part number mean.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Even some of the fake ones are now being made with the metal backing.
You can't buy new genuine shindengen fh020aa from ebay as they are not sold on there. If you want new, you may have to order it through a honda, yamaha or bmw dealer. Or you may find a used one off ebay from a wrecked honda cbr500 or something.

I don't believe it to be a straight fit. On my K4 600 the hole spacings were different, so I had to make up an adapter bracket. And the connections will be different too.

Most people will recommend that you stick to the OEM rectifier and mount it to the side for better cooling. You might find some tutorials on how to do this, if you do a search of the site.
Thanks for the suggestion. Found a few based on this that are cheaper.

·
Registered
77 Posts
If you stick to OEM, you won't have to modify your wiring. And, there should be enough slack in the wiring to move the rectifier off to the side.
Here's a link to how some people have relocated there rectifiers.

I am not sure what the numbers below the Part Number on the rectifier mean. But most fakes use the same part number and same font style like an original Shindengen. Your last photo with the YHC rectifier is definately a fake.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Have spoke Jack Fleming and he confirms the numbers underneath are just production numbers so not relevant which is good to know.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts