Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have only been riding since Sept 03' so I am still learning the ropes and the roads. Haven't been able to get out much due to our wonderful climate
so what I am after is some good roads in the north east for the iminent scorching hot weather, to polish my riding skills on. Some good twisting, sweeping and fast, plod free routes would be ideal

Cheers.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Come on guys there has got to be somebody out there that rides a bike in the north east of england
, that has an opinion on what are good routes to take on a blast out.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cheers stmb, at least now I know my posts don't only show up on my PC.
Hopefully you will of broke the ice and set the ball rolling for others.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
No worries bro.

not many peopel drop into this part of the forum, as you can see one or two posts a night get added on, most of the peeps on the board are yanks,
the brittish contingent here are a good bunch though,

wonder are there any north east riders at all on here,

doesnt feckin look like it though,

·
Registered
403 Posts
Well I like the A68 that we take every year on the way down to Donnington. Basically right across the hills from the Borders all the way to Scotch corner. Loads of good views and a good variation of corners as well as gradient changes. One bit has these huge yumps that are simply amazing. Dont know if that is near you.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The A68 is not that far away, I was thinking more of B roads though, a bit more technical than most A roads.

I have found the B6278 from Consett to Barnard Castle is a good one, a variation of corners with a few good straights as well. You should try it some time. Scotch Corner is about 15 miles up the A66 from Barnard Castle so you could add it into your next trip down counrty

1 - 7 of 7 Posts