Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bring the tach up to around 8000 and the bike wants to roll? What can i do to stop this? I started launching at4000 and it was alright.I ended up going a 10.70 at 133 but keeping the front end down first and second is impossible without a bar. I dont know how them guys do it?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its hydrolic. stock papers and steels. I was wondering if the steels were bad? Maybe the basket is wore?

·
Premium Member
372 Posts
sounds like the basket or springs to me. i had the same problem these clutches tend to be grabby when the basket gets worn.

·
Registered
316 Posts
1109-

If you are using two fingers to hold the clutch in change to four. you will be able to pull the lever in further and will have more control over the clutch lever.

Bleed the clutch line. (preferably with a vaccum pump).

After your burnout and before you stage, put the bike in neutral and lean the bike to the right bring the revs up to 2 to 3k and pump the clutch half a dozen times to get some oil into the
clutch.

Don't forget to put it back into first before you stage.

I leave at 4500 rpm (front end lowered and strapped and rear end lowered 3.5 inches stock wheelbase no bars.) No wheelie! mostly low 9.7s at 141-143mph. I ran a 9.66 but have yet to back it up. (166 rwhp)

Practice clutch and throttle control...The quicker your 60' time the less chance of wheelie.

Hope this helps

-Dave

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by OilCooler92:
1109-

If you are using two fingers to hold the clutch in change to four. you will be able to pull the lever in further and will have more control over the clutch lever.

Bleed the clutch line. (preferably with a vaccum pump).

After your burnout and before you stage, put the bike in neutral and lean the bike to the right bring the revs up to 2 to 3k and pump the clutch half a dozen times to get some oil into the
clutch.

Don't forget to put it back into first before you stage.

I leave at 4500 rpm (front end lowered and strapped and rear end lowered 3.5 inches stock wheelbase no bars.) No wheelie! mostly low 9.7s at 141-143mph. I ran a 9.66 but have yet to back it up. (166 rwhp)

Practice clutch and throttle control...The quicker your 60' time the less chance of wheelie.

Hope this helps

-Dave
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oilcooler,
Thanks for the info. I'll have to give that a try.My bike dynoed at 152rwhp,I think if i can launch it i can run a little faster.Its a 86 so i dont know if they make the stuff to lower it?
Thanks Keith

·
Registered
316 Posts
1109-

Call Orient express as they are in NY and you will see your order in a day

# 800-645-6521

They can be a little pricey though. But for less than 100 bucks you can get a strap and lowering links and it will help you a whole lot!

atleast strap the front end (it helps)

a strap is $20 - $30

links should be around $50

from

orient express
schnitz racing
pingel
ape

Let me know if you need there #s and I'll look them up for you.

-Dave

·
Registered
139 Posts
Is your clutch lever worn? Mine creeped real bad until I replaced it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts