Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a set of lightweight wheels, preferably BST carbon fibre and found some pretty decent second hand options out there, but none specific to my bike (k6 1000). There's a set of 750 k11 BSTs also some nice OZ (aluminium) k4 1000. Does anyone know how I can check if the wheels from a different model will fit (directly, no spacers, etc.) my bike?

·
You should listen to me. No, seriously, listen to
9,346 Posts
The first sticky in the 1000 general forum is on wheel fitment. Beyond that, go to a major distributor like Brocks and see what they list. It's been a while but I seem to recall that 600/750 use a narrower wheel - maybe just at the rear. BST has a web site but I also haven't been there in years. You could also try asking them but in my experience they will get back to you but it might take a month or more. Dymag is another to look into.

·
Chubby Chaser
57,844 Posts
Yup

05-08 1000 and 06-10 600/750 front wheels are all straight interchangeable.

05-08 1000 rears are interchangeable....the 600/750 uses a 5.5 inch rear rim, the 1000's are 6.0 inch.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yup

05-08 1000 rears are interchangeable....the 600/750 uses a 5.5 inch rear rim, the 1000's are 6.0 inch.
Cheers guys. I am surprised no one made an excel sheet with wheel sizes chart for different models. There's shed load of second hand lightweight wheels from Aprilia Factory bikes and Ducatis available for not much money, no info on sizes and fitment though.

·
Chubby Chaser
57,844 Posts
Cheers guys. I am surprised no one made an excel sheet with wheel sizes chart for different models. There's shed load of second hand lightweight wheels from Aprilia Factory bikes and Ducatis available for not much money, no info on sizes and fitment though.

You were expecting wheels off of Aprilia's and Ducati's to be direct fitments on a GSXR? :lmao

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You were expecting wheels off of Aprilia's and Ducati's to be direct fitments on a GSXR? :lmao
Yes mate, to me a 190/55/17 tyre should fit a standard rim - regardless of whether it is a Suzuki or Yamaha. I understand differences in swingarm lengths/designs, hubs, etc., but I really don't know why the rims would be different, at least on Japanese bikes

·
Chubby Chaser
57,844 Posts
Yes mate, to me a 190/55/17 tyre should fit a standard rim - regardless of whether it is a Suzuki or Yamaha. I understand differences in swingarm lengths/designs, hubs, etc., but I really don't know why the rims would be different, at least on Japanese bikes

The OUTER rim diameter and the width are standard to fit standard tire sizes yes, but the INNER hub widths and inner bearing races (which translate to the size axle used) are of course going to vary wildly from one brand to the next. Hell sometimes even within the same brand.

The various vendors have to fit certain tire sizes but there's nothing that dictates their wheels need to be compatible with another brands motorcycle.:shifty

·
Bumbadoo
2,299 Posts
The K4 rims will go straight in. The only problem is you'll have to get K1 (320mm) rotors and 5mm caliper spacers.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yup

Sup guys. In wondering if a rear wheel from a 2017 gsxr 1000 would fit on my 2007 gsxr 750?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts