Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having a real big problem wheelying my 1K.

I've gone down 2 on the front and up 9 on the rear sprockets, put a D&D pipe on it, and NOS wired up so that it sprays on full throttle. I also removed all that excess weight on the front, not much work there, most of it has falen off anyway - shit build quality on these suzy ninja's in it.

I roll along at about 6K in first, arm the NOS, and whack open full throttle, yet my wheelies still suck.

How do I find the balance point ?

Every time I do this, the remnents of the windshield smash into my Oakleys, and I black out, or fall off the back or both.

I tried velcro grips, and tying my arm onto the handlebar, but I cant tie them both on.

Maybe to "200" tire on the back isn't wide enough ?

My mates reckon its because I haven't got enough power, and I need a Mr.Turbo to do proper wheelies.

Help ????

G

·
Either not enough power, or too much weight.

I suggest you fast for about a month before your next attempt. And sleep in plastics with the heater turned up to 100 degrees the night before to shed all the excess water weight. Then ride around until your fuel light comes on.

It might help to pull all you plastics off also.

And cross-drill everything.

Oh - and wheelie into a headwind.

·
Registered
2,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I already got the cross-drilled brake lines, and the swiss-cheese frame.

Also drilled is

Forks, Spokes, capilers, tripple-tree, swing arm, exhaust (D&D), radiator, all hoses and pipes, and that black cover thing on the side of the engine.

most of the body work fell off after the first couple of wheelies, and I drilled the air-box to let more air in ages ago.

not sure of what else to do, I tried cross drilling the stand, but everytime the wind blew the bike fell over, so now I lean it up against a wall.

This is my first bike, so I need some help, and you guys seem to know what yer talkin about.

thanks

·
Registered
889 Posts
Have you tried drilling out the front tire. that should give a little more weight reduction.

·
Registered
547 Posts
You should find the balance point under the tank,unless you've accidently drilled it out.If it's not there you'll need to get another one.

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
Originally posted by DEATH INC.:
You should find the balance point under the tank,unless you've accidently drilled it out.If it's not there you'll need to get another one.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">thats the real secret - all this drilling advice is misleading, you just need to chop the throttle and use the bounce technique just before you hit the NOS button. Then as the bike is rising take your left hand off the bar and push your fingers into the gap between the frame and the tank up near the headstock area. You should be able to feel the balance point (its kinda like a small spark plug in shape). prod it real hard to retard the timing and that bike will hold up there until your arm aches from applying pressure to the BP and you have to release it. (this is why you often hear people on the stunts and tricks forum complaining about there arms and wrists aching on long standups - its awkard forcing your fingers under the tank like that when standing, when they ache to much you can't prod the BP anymore and the bike just drops)

It takes a bit of practice as you only have about 0.05 seconds to get your fingers on the BP before you loop, so you need to get your fingers under that tank quickly. But you know what they say...practice makes perfect.

[ 10-01-2002, 05:53 AM: Message edited by: RepulsioN ]

·
Registered
2,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think I may have drilled the switch out when I cross drilled the fender, and the tire....

Do I have to cross-drill the power band too ?

and where can I get a new switch for the BP, they do not seem to sell them in K-Mart

·
Registered
69 Posts
Originally posted by fraggle:
I think I may have drilled the switch out when I cross drilled the fender, and the tire....

and where can I get a new switch for the BP, they do not seem to sell them in K-Mart
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">First of all stop trying it in 1st. try it in second. as you are excellerating when the bike hits 45-55 mph crack the throttle and blip the clutch. Remember to hold the gas on in order to reach the balance point. Being comfortable is the first step.

[ 10-03-2002, 09:17 AM: Message edited by: jamilla750 ]

·
Registered
5,050 Posts
Originally posted by jamilla750:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by fraggle:

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">First of all stop trying it in 1st. try it in second. as you are excellerating when the bike hits 45-55 mph crack the throttle and blip the clutch. Remember to hold the gas on in order to reach the balance point. Being comfortable is the first step.</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I don't mean to laugh but.......BWAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHH
HAHAHAHAHA.....sigh......BWAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

[ 10-03-2002, 02:25 PM: Message edited by: poacher ]

·
Registered
10 Posts
Don't listen to these people, they're just winding you up. The balance point is a popular myth, just like the G spot. Doesn't fcukin' exist !!!!

[ 10-04-2002, 05:01 AM: Message edited by: GTF ]

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
Originally posted by poacher:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by jamilla750:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by fraggle:

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">First of all stop trying it in 1st. try it in second. as you are excellerating when the bike hits 45-55 mph crack the throttle and blip the clutch. Remember to hold the gas on in order to reach the balance point. Being comfortable is the first step.</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I don't mean to laugh but.......BWAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHA.....sigh......BWAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">OMG
BWAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHABWAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

·
Registered
15 Posts
If you repair your switch get the performance switch from gameshark. It has added miles of skill less code induced wheelies. I can even change the color with.

·
Registered
2,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
They've run out of the performance switch, so I just got an old Nintendo game pad, and re-wired it.

But, now it feels all unstable, should I have used a playstation controller ? or maybe I can cross-drill, and balance/lighten this one ?

oh and I re-wired the nitrous too,and the blinkers etc too

A,B,UP,DOWN, A, LEFT == + 100 shot
A,B,UP,DOWN, B, LEFT == +10 shot
A,UP,UP,DOWN, A, LEFT == left Blinker
A,B,UP,DOWN, A, UP == right Blinker
A,B,A,B,Right,A,B,Left,B,A,RIGHT,RIGHT,RIGHT,A == Balance point
A,A,A,A,A,A,RIGHT,B == brakes
A,A,A,A,A,RIGHT,B == full power

am I doing it right ?

[ 10-04-2002, 10:25 AM: Message edited by: fraggle ]

·
Registered
24 Posts
Originally posted by GTF:
Don't listen to these people, they're just winding you up. The balance point is a popular myth, just like the G spot. Doesn't fcukin' exist !!!!
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">

·
Registered
24 Posts
Originally posted by GTF:
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">

·
Registered
24 Posts
Originally posted by oldman1000:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by GTF:
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial"></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">

·
Registered
24 Posts
g-spot myth and wheelies balancing point! you don't know how to ride or screw,ha ha ha..and you probaly think the new
ducati 999 looks good

1 - 18 of 18 Posts