Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Re: wheelie wire on 1127CC GSXR\'s

on your "dash pannel" you should have a row of lights one of them is green put the bike in neutral and the green light should be on....I will have to look at the wiring harness when I get to the garage this week
-Karl

·
Registered
17,099 Posts

yep....if the gear position sensor were solely for the neutral light, there would only need to be one wire coming from it (the sensor would ground the circuit through the engine case). if there's another wire going from it into the ecu, then something dastardly is afoot.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts

Mine scares me in first so I guess that the UK spec didn't have such a thing that also explains why i hadn't heard of one.

Andy

·
Registered
129 Posts

Originally posted by KJ1:
on your "dash pannel" you should have a row of lights one of them is green put the bike in neutral and the green light should be on....I will have to look at the wiring harness when I get to the garage this week
-Karl
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Check away. The blue wire on the plug is for Neutral. My light works fine.

CT

·
Registered
3,895 Posts

I very carefully removed the metal tang from the plastic connector today, and then taped it up and went for a ride... Neutral light works just fine, bike tries to flip me onto my head when I open the throttle in first gear. Of course, bike tried to flip me onto my head when I opened the throttle in first gear with the wire connected too... I don't notice any difference, good or bad.

Andy: when did you paint your wheels red? That looks *good*!

[ 04-08-2002, 10:10 PM: Message edited by: FastCat ]

·
Registered
129 Posts
wheelie wire on 1127CC GSXR\'s

I had a 90 GSXR1100 and I had unhooked the wheelie wire. I sold that bike years ago but just purchased a 91 GSXR1100. I made a post asking which wire this was. It was suggested that the oil cooled GSXR's do not have wheel wires to limit power in first gear.

I did some wire tracing and testing and I want to confirm that there IS a wheel wire on 1127CC GSXRs. Here is my bike and pics of the wire to unhook:

I took these pics of my bike just moments ago. Open your seat and look for a white connector with a Red/black wire and a blue wire. The Blue wire is your neutral light wire. The Red/black wire is the sensing wire that cuts ignition advance in first gear. I hooked my wire back up(it was unhooked) and sure enough... No power in first. I then unhooked it and power was back.

This works on 89,90,91,and 92 US bikes as far as I know. I have no idea if this wire exists on bikes outside the US. 93 bikes had the waterpumper and there was a wire on those bikes as well. It was in a different location though.

Have fun and let me know how it works on your bike!

CT

·
Registered
3,895 Posts

Geez, I hate mysteries... I'm going to go wire-tracing now just so I can see what that wire does... You think you could point that wire out to me in the wiring diagram?

I can't seem to find any sort of sensor that would tell the ICU when the bike is in first gear...

·
Registered
195 Posts

Is this wheelie wire ONLY to be found in US models or are European models restricted as well?
In Austria/Germany all motorcycles used to be restricted to 98hp until 1997 or 1998.
Has anybody an idea?

Thanks in advance !
Lemmy69

[ 04-09-2002, 08:47 AM: Message edited by: Lemmy69 ]

·
Registered
3,895 Posts

Lemmy: from looking at the wiring diagrams for the different country models, it looks like the U.S. is the only one that got the neutral indicator with two wires... which means that only the U.S. model would have the "wheelie wire". I'm looking at the `89-`92 1100 models I don't have diagrams for any others so I dunno about the 86-88 1100's and/or any of the 750's.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts

I painted them a few weeks ago but didn't get any pics until Sunday.I think that they look better as there was way to much polished alloy.......I'll get some better pics up soon, of the 'arm' an all once I figure out how to get the pics smaller for posting. Probably next week as I'll be off here for a few days to celebrate birthday and I've got loads of work to catch up on ..............doh.

Andy

·
Registered
195 Posts

TO: Fastcat
Thanks for the information. I think I'll check it out on the weekend but I guess you are right.
My gixxer does not hit me in the face in the first because I've got a rather hard tire and so the wheel just spins while accelerating.
Nevertheless power in the first three gears is awesome!

See ya!
Lemmy69

·
Registered
28 Posts

azgsxr11- Sup man, can you please repost or email the pictures showing the wheelie wire and where i can find it? i ride a '92 GSXR 1100 and my buddy says it will come up a lot easyer when i clip that wire,

thanks money
[email protected]

·
Registered
463 Posts

FastCat said:

Lemmy: from looking at the wiring diagrams for the different country models, it looks like the U.S. is the only one that got the neutral indicator with two wires... which means that only the U.S. model would have the "wheelie wire".
I disconnected the wheelie wire many years ago. It made a huge difference.
My bike had restrictions in the intake boots as well. After their removal the bike's power jumped from 118 rwhp to 133 rwhp.

·
Registered
525 Posts

I pulled the wire from the connector, and checked things out everything still worked. Now street testing, I've been practicing my launches for my up coming trip to the drag strip, now it looks like I need to practice more, I went out and launched several times and it seems that the wheelie wire is for real, I had much more trouble keeping the nose down and the tire from spinning, I was kind of skeptical at first, but the proof is in the pudding

·
Premium Member
8,711 Posts

Does anyone know if this wheelie wire exists in a '92 750....or was it only in the 1000???
Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,291 Posts

NO 750's have it, and only US spec 1100's have it....

1 - 18 of 18 Posts