Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
was wondering if any one knows where to but a set of them for my bike. Im gonas go to drag strip an they wasnt them on eny bike below a 10.50 so me and few friends are in need of set i think is kinda dum seeing most bikes run there or below stock guess they are just covering their ass`s

also would be intersted in plans to make own
thanks

[ 06-28-2002, 02:33 PM: Message edited by: pan ]

·
Registered
255 Posts
I bought a set for my 871100.....from pingle for around 300.00.......this included a strut and all the hardware and it bolted on to the swingarm no problem.

Unless you serious about dragracing I wouldn't buy them. Wheelie bars and DOT tires are not a good combo. The ideal set up with the bars would include- a slick (which they make for a stock 86-87 rim) and a strut is also very important to have. If you use wheelie bars with a shock you may end up blowing it. If you use wheele bars and a DOT tire you'll have one hell of a time "hooking up"..........

-bars
-strut
-slick

Use the 3 together and you'll have a good starting setup.

·
Registered
316 Posts
You don't need no stinkin' wheelie bars!!!

You need a different track

What track wants you to have bars if you run faster than 10.5? That is ridiculous. Where is this track?

-Dave

·
YAAFM Mod
3,016 Posts
When I was racing my old 89 1100 I had a 4in extended swingarm and slick but no bars. A buddie was in the mid 9's on a Busa with no bars or extension but with a slick.
Bones

·
Registered
255 Posts
I had to read that broken english again......NO son wheelie bars are not required on any track i know of!

Just practice your lights and don't worry about the stinkin bars!!!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Bones, you said you had a 4 inch extention and a slick, on your 1100. I've seen bikes with six and eight inch ones on DOT tires
. How much is too much with DOT's. I just got mine, it's a '89 GSXR-750 with 4.5 inch extention and lowered 3 inches all the way around. Still trying to find the best set up.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
sorry about my spelling and all
the track is in Michigan called Mid Michigan motorplex they didnt used to have this rule on test and tune day must be someone got hurt
the other track is more strickt on the bike like nutral swich and kick stand saftey one
my bike didnt come with any of these when i got it and never needed them so far so i didnt fix them

the kick stand is only one i could see a need for.
but thanks fer the info

i dont see the need like i said before, its not my rule
also my friend called and mybe he has his facts messed up ill call them myself and see

[ 06-29-2002, 09:41 AM: Message edited by: pan ]

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ok i called them they said in 10 sec range may just be full leathers and a tether to kill engine incase fell off he told me to email and they will send me info on what i would need
think my friend was messed up ill know next week some time

1 - 10 of 10 Posts