Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wanted to start a thread for all the info regarding upgraded wheels for the 2017+ Gixxer 1k.
BMW offers forged and carbon fiber wheels from the factory, so I want to see what's our there for our Gixxers.

Recommendations, tech specs, prices, recommended dealers, etc would be greatly appreciated.

Would also like to hear what everyone has to say about repairing my wheels,
as this is 100% a street bike, and I do a lot of miles.

Thank you.

·
Premium Member
362 Posts
OZ will be the cheaper of the lot. Great wheels, and very strong. The finish is anodized and not paint/powder coated. Just use Pledge to clean anodized, anything else will eventually ruin the finish.

Marchesini is always an amazing wheel, but pricey.

BST is very strong, the most expensive, but will be the only one you can get in hand quicker.

OZ, Marvic, Marchesini…all have very very long wait times at the moment unless they have them in stock. There is a supply issue with the metals world wide.

Check out DyMag in the UK also. I have a set on order now…they have better communication than the Italians too.

·
Registered
2017 Gsxr 1000R
76 Posts
My 17 1000r had BST’S on it when I bought it last year, so far I love them!
All street miles so far, but a track day or two is in my future.
Mounted a new set of tires on them my self a couple months ago, everything went smooth and they are easy to keep clean to.
So far no complaints!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Wanted to start a thread for all the info regarding upgraded wheels for the 2017+ Gixxer 1k.
BMW offers forged and carbon fiber wheels from the factory, so I want to see what's our there for our Gixxers.

Recommendations, tech specs, prices, recommended dealers, etc would be greatly appreciated.

Would also like to hear what everyone has to say about repairing my wheels,
as this is 100% a street bike, and I do a lot of miles.

Thank you.
I have been waiting for a set of bst wheels for a year........cancelled my order and going with another option.
Bst has been less than responsive as to why with no explanation given, and when they will be shipping wheels out. Went with bst initially as I have a set on my 03 r6 that I ran for many years, motor blew, bike is retired now.

For aluminum, OZ, or core moto. For carbon fiber, rotobox, as dymag and bst aren't really an option right now.

·
Registered
2017 Gsxr 1000R
76 Posts
I have been waiting for a set of bst wheels for a year........cancelled my order and going with another option.
Bst has been less than responsive as to why with no explanation given, and when they will be shipping wheels out. Went with bst initially as I have a set on my 03 r6 that I ran for many years, motor blew, bike is retired now.

For aluminum, OZ, or core moto. For carbon fiber, rotobox, as dymag and bst aren't really an option right now.
Are you ordering those BST’s through Brock’s performance?
He’s an authorized dealer and seems to have a warehouse full of them.
He has ceramic wheel bearings for them to, if your interested in those as well.

·
Registered
3,582 Posts
No one has mentioned PVM rims. I run them on one of my bikes. I like them a lot. They are sharp looking too. They have held up to thousands of track miles and plenty of spills. No issues yet.

Reactions: 22c8zo6
1 - 8 of 8 Posts