Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You guys are probably tired of wheelie threads but oh welll heres another one. So..Im finally making progress on 2nd gear clutchs ups. The problem is once i get past 9 o clock or so around 10 my rear tire starts to slip??:scratch Ive ridden out wheelies in 1st gear all the way through before and have never had it slip.

It started to slip today when i finally got the wheel past 9 o clock in 2nd gear clutch ups. So i gave up and tried a 1st gear clutch up again and now my rear tire slipped again once the wheel was already up in the air? wth? I decided to call it a day so i headed up and decided not to push my luck.

Anyone had this happen before? im thinking maybe too much air in the rear tire? im running stock psi

·
Registered
141 Posts
Maybe the clutch and not wheel spin? Your abusing the fuck out of the clutch with the wheelies and the higher the gear the more torque put on the drivetrain. I'm just assuming that wheel spin in a second gear clutch-up is gonna make you dump it.

Sent from my DROID2 using Motorcycle App

·
Nazi Lustful Faggot - hot for Hermann Göring & Cai
3,250 Posts
maybe wheel slipping is the wrong phrase. More like wheel spin the tire isnt gaining traction
Try lowering air pressure in the rear.

·
Rectally Assaulted on a Regular Basis
1,147 Posts
I just have a hard time with the concept of when your at 9-10 Oclock your wheel looses traction because your weight and the bikes is all on one point and if it truely did loose traction you wouldn't be typing about it you'd be in the hospital. If your wheel was loosing traction and spinning you would notice your RPM go up and your rear tire would slid out and you'd be on the ground instantly! Even when i go out to the lot and not warm up my tires I still catch good traction and i run my rear psi at 32 (better for circles). maybe see about having a buddy video it and then you and we can see exactly whats going on!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hmm.. I dunno i havent been trying since that day so ill go back out and let you know. Whatever it was it wasnt normal. My first gear wheelies i been doing didnt feel anything like that.

·
Premium Member
117,182 Posts
There is pretty much ZERO chance your bike is smoking the rear tire up past 9:00 in a wheelie unless it is covered in oil or some shit.

It is probably the clutch.

·
Premium Member
117,182 Posts
Wait...isn't 9 o'clock just riding straight?

Sent from my DROID2 using Motorcycle App
I guess it sortof would be :lmao

:facepalm

I was thinking of like 10:30 in my mind.

·
Premium Member
117,182 Posts
^^^Ha Ha i guess it is! I typically use the term "Balance Point" when refering to a wheelie, your either at it or below it!

Or past it :D :w00t, FTW :lol

I used to lift at say 65-70, and set it down going like 35 when the 600 just couldn't hold it up anymore in that gear. I always wanted to try a downshift, but never could getup the balls to do it.

Now all I do is 2nd or 3rd gear standups after races :D

·
Rectally Assaulted on a Regular Basis
1,147 Posts
I've never ridden track but it is pretty aweomse watching the GP guys rocking wheelies after a race, those bikes just have to have insane power!

·
Premium Member
117,182 Posts
They are well over 200hp, some suspect over 250hp, and weigh less than 400lbs loaded.

·
Premium Member
117,182 Posts
Casey stoners 800cc was something like 230hp and 140kg.

You can almost bet on it that the HP numbers are VERY under represented. It is just what people do in racing. Nobody tells the truth :lol

The weight is dry. Probably. no fuel, no coolant etc. YOu get a race load of fuel you can add 40lbs or so, 5-10lbs for water, 5-10 for oil. Still under 400 like I said though :cheers.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
About this Discussion
21 Replies
11 Participants
Gsxrwhat?
Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
A forum community dedicated to the Suzuki GSX-R motorcycle. Discuss the GSX-R600, GSX-R750, GSX-R1000, and GSX-R1100, and more!
Full Forum Listing