Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive got a buddy who has a 92 750 front marchesini that he'll give me. My bike is a 2003 GSXR 1000. Anyone know if I can buy bearings and possibly shims for the rotors and make this thing fit my bike?

Thanks in advance,

dk

·
3,475 Posts
I know some people have used new rotors on old school bikes and had to have the spacers made. You'd be in for some work with the speedo drive too....

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is the speedo drive integral? There isn't one on the new bike. Anyone know what would be required or if this can even work?

·
3,475 Posts
Not familiar with the new stuff..........do you mean your bikes speedo isn't driven off the wheel? Yeah.....of course it's possible, but ya gotta ask yourself how much work you want to put into it..........especially if you don't have a rear to match:( Sounds like you'll have to design and make a complete set of rotor spacers and wheel shims.

·
Registered
339 Posts
The 1000 front wheel is a lightweight wheel anyway. I'd do a weight comparison of the old Marchesini with your 1000 wheel to see if it's even worth the trouble.

·
YAAFM Mod
3,016 Posts
it can be done but not cheaply. I have one for my 02 1000 front end on a 90 1100. needed a custom axle (cant get bearinge with a large enough ID to fit the OD) and spacers for the rotors. The axle cost me about 125.00 and the Spacers I had made from the adapters off a damaged PM wheel that had the right rotor patern. Your speedo is not driven like the 92. Give your buddie my e-mail and I'll give him a good price for the wheel.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts