Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I just got a new "SiX GIX" and I am scared to really put a good cleaner on it.

I was wondering what some of you Novice and Pro type guys use to cleane your wheels without destroying them?

·
Registered
8,423 Posts
WD40 will take all of the grim off your wheels without any problems!

·
Registered
8,423 Posts
Sorry...meant rag.
And you have the balls to correct my errors????
Spelling NAZI!

·
Banned
15,031 Posts
wd40

u just go and try a rag and water let me know how it turns out.
for me, i like cleaning to be an easy project

as far as the plastics go, plexus
black/blue/white can

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks Buddies. Although I appreciated the 'water and rag bit, I knew there were an easier way. Thanks all. I will get busy I love clean wheels.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Does this "WD40" mess with the clearcoat? I mean can I put it on my bike as well? I need to clean some drool off the fuel tank from flicking the throttle by mistake.

·
Registered
8,423 Posts
Does this "WD40" mess with the clear coat? I mean can I put it on my bike as well? I need to clean some drool off the fuel tank from flicking the throttle by mistake.
No harm to the bike! I use it also if I get some fling from the chain and I'll clean with the WD first then wash it quickly afterwords.

rob

·
Registered
505 Posts
Yeah, while I'm washing, I clean chain fling off the fairing/swingarm/wheel with WD. After the gunks off, just use water and soap to remove the WD and leave it looking new!

·
Registered
6,771 Posts
It's called a little elbow grease gimpsta...and if it's really that hard for you than
. When you're done brushing your fur and posting about "dragging knees" you should try it sometime.

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
Honda Polish...

Scott

·
Banned
15,031 Posts
It's called a little elbow grease gimpsta...and if it's really that hard for you than
. When you're done brushing your fur and posting about "dragging knees" you should try it sometime.
well just let us know when you can actually get a knee down. i'm just trying to stay off the pegs for now.

and for any one here who has actually had white rims, it doesn't just "wipe off" with water and elbow greese. Thats the point its greese. water and greese are insoulable. Thats why you use wd40 as a cleaner. So to solve all your problems get black rims. I switched to black with my 02 600 telefonica, and have loved having black on the next following 2 bikes.

u can spend all day wiping your rims up with your "elbow greese" i'll be at the track doing laps.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.