Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to decide which wheel chocks to go with. I'm torn between either the Pingel removable or the lockhart phillips "pop" chock. I had one guy tell me he hit a bump using the LP's and they came off. I know there are better chocks out there (ie. Baxley) but I don't want to spend the money. So let me know.

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
If your talking about a wheel chock for on a trailer go with Pitbull. It comes with spacers that so that you can slide it on and off of the anchors easily.

·
Registered
34,392 Posts
Hey when we go to mid OH I will have a Baxley you can test out and see if you like it. I know they are expensive but it makes everything so much easier. I love the baxley well worth the money.

But Pingel are good. THey will not come off if they bike is secured right.

·
Registered
364 Posts
I have he LP Pop Chock on my folding trailer and it looks so loose that I always run a wood screw behind one of the two little pegs to secure it in place.

I am still trying to figure out a different way to mount the plates to make the chock stay in place. As it is, I have the plates mounted such that the chock slides forward to lock into place. Under acceleration the bike will rock backwards and allow enough slack for the chock to come out. (This happened the first time I used the chock.)

I have thought of mounting the plates so that the chock slides sidways to lock into place but have yet to try it. I have also thought of moving my front tie down mounts further forward to apply more force to the chock but I haven't gotten around to doing that either. The wood screw seems the best option so far.

Let me know if I didn't explain this very clearly, it is hard to explain without pictures.

Anyway, I am not trying to steer you away from the LP. I like it and will keep using it. I just wanted to point out the issues I have had.

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
i use LP POP chocks...no problems at all.

First off your should tie your bike down from in front of the wheel chock. That way you are pulling your bike into the chock and pulling the POP chock INTO its lock position. There is no way it should go anywhere.

However, a little mounting tip is to mount the recepticles angling slightly away from each other. That way when you slide the chock in it tightens up as you secure it in the slots.

·
Registered
202 Posts
the pop chocks can pop out. its safer to get the standard and just run a bolt through using wing nuts or safety type pins. dude dont be a cheap ass save the money the sport chocks are seriously the only way to go. espeacially if you are butt ass tired at the end of the day. i just used mine for about 150 miles with no front tie downs. only tie the back down so it does'nt swing around on ya. i would'nt be so pushy with em if they were not worth it.

·
Registered
364 Posts
However, a little mounting tip is to mount the recepticles angling slightly away from each other. That way when you slide the chock in it tightens up as you secure it in the slots.
Do you mount the plates so you have to spread the chock to get the pegs in the holes? I am a weak ass and can't seem to spread the chock worth a damn.
Is it easier with one peg hooked in there?

I will certainly try it next time I unfold my trailer. Thanks!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts