Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the past I have taken some form of creatine or cee based supplement that was a conglomerate of items (ie. Super Pump 250, NO Xplode, Jack3d etc...) Going to go with pure cre from now on. I'm reading you have 3 phases to its use. Just wanted to get a feel for people that have used it in the past as to how long you stayed on each phase. And if you even used a loading phase.

K

·
0 Posts
personally i think creatine is a waste of money. i was using as directed (twice a day if i remember) and i would max my bench every friday just to get a steady idea of how the week went. while on creatine i would go up about 5 lbs each week and i thought that was alright and as soon as i finished my container (took about a month or so) i worked out for 1 more week and i jumped up 15 lbs and then 10 lbs the next week. but thats just me, im no body builder but at 130 im putting up 215 bench so thats pretty decent if you ask me

·
Chubby Chaser
57,804 Posts
Super Pump and NO Xplode are pre-workout nitric oxide boosters. Not creatine supplements.

I've pretty much given up on creatine. I find it doesn't really help much and it also makes me smoother. I immediately notice when going off it I appear to hold less water.

·
Hand-Eye Coordinator
6,509 Posts
kre alkalyn is a good product. no cycles. i had plateau'd in my fitness a little over a year and a half ago, and i saw 15% gains in strength over the period of the bottle. i cannot really give a good indication of how i was after i stopped taking it because i deployed for six months about a week after i had finished and the gym was not an option for most of it. i never supplemented other than this bottle and i was pleased with the results. i just don't want to spend money on it as most supplements are just shit anyway, but being the new year, my resolution was more strength training and i will thus use that product again.

·
Premium Member
5,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well the cellmass consisted of CEE, my mistake, anyway I've been at a steady plateau for a while now. Just exploring different options on the supplement side of things. My diet is good, and I change up my routine every 8-12 weeks.

·
Registered
64 Posts
i would just get pure mono hydrate and ALA (alpha lypoic acid) 200mg caps. take 5mg of creatine a day after workouts with 200mg of ALA and you will see results. With pure mono i loaded 10mg for a week now i just take 5mg a day after i workout, i use unflavored and mix it in w my protein shake. ALA greatly improves the rate at which creatine is absorbed. I wouldnt waste money on any kind of expensive creatine such as celltech(which has 70mg of sugar per serving). A while ago i bought a tub of Green Magnitude (controlled labs) which is really good stuff, but also is alot more expensive.

creatine is completely safe to use, it is a natural occurring amino acid that our body produces. If you notice ANY kind of negative side effects such as your kidneys hurting, you are not getting nearly enough hydration in your system! You should be drinking AT LEAST a gallon of WATER a day.

sources to read into:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/14669930
http://www.umm.edu/altmed/articles/creatine-000297.htm
http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0801/is_8_65/ai_n6116968/

·
Registered
82 Posts
My experience with creatine was okay at first. I stacked Cell tech and nitrotech together. in like 3 months I went from 285 to 205-210. After I was going thru the process of movin and getting married. I took like a month and a half off. Still doing push ups and different exercise. But I lost 10-15 pounds and I was flabby. Creatine water weight. So I just use the protein.

·
Registered
24 Posts
You can just use any old creatine monohydrate powder. It's all the same, just get whatever is cheapest. You can do five days of loading at 20g a day, then move onto 5g a day. It can be cycled if you want, but it is not necessary. The most common cycle is 6 weeks on, 2 weeks off. Make sure you are drinking plenty of water. I no longer take it personally as I have stopped noticing a difference. Maybe I just started working out harder? Dunno.....

There is a lot of broscience and misconceptions about creatine going around so do your research to avoid looking silly. Creatine does NOT hurt your kidneys, it does NOT fill your muscles with water, your gains do NOT go away after you stop taking it, and it is NOT a steroid. It occurs naturally in many of the foods we eat and it is merely taken as a supplement to that.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Super Pump and NO Xplode are pre-workout nitric oxide boosters. Not creatine supplements.

I've pretty much given up on creatine. I find it doesn't really help much and it also makes me smoother. I immediately notice when going off it I appear to hold less water.
Many, if not all pre-workout supplements contain creatine in varying amounts.

·
I wear a 4pc Collar Bone
2,278 Posts
Strong

My experience with creatine was okay at first. I stacked Cell tech and nitrotech together. in like 3 months I went from 285 to 205-210. After I was going thru the process of movin and getting married. I took like a month and a half off. Still doing push ups and different exercise. But I lost 10-15 pounds and I was flabby. Creatine water weight. So I just use the protein.
Creatine does add a little water weight (so can salt), but it does not make you flabby. Going from 285 to 205 in 3 months, then not lifting, is why you got flabby.

You can just use any old creatine monohydrate powder. It's all the same, just get whatever is cheapest. You can do five days of loading at 20g a day, then move onto 5g a day. It can be cycled if you want, but it is not necessary. The most common cycle is 6 weeks on, 2 weeks off. Make sure you are drinking plenty of water. I no longer take it personally as I have stopped noticing a difference. Maybe I just started working out harder? Dunno.....

There is a lot of broscience and misconceptions about creatine going around so do your research to avoid looking silly. Creatine does NOT hurt your kidneys, it does NOT fill your muscles with water, your gains do NOT go away after you stop taking it, and it is NOT a steroid. It occurs naturally in many of the foods we eat and it is merely taken as a supplement to that.
Do not load Creatine. Take 3-5g a day for as long as you want. Doesn't matter what time of time, and you don't have to cycle it.

Many, if not all pre-workout supplements contain creatine in varying amounts.
A lot do. It's just an added benefit for people who don't want to take it separately. Personally I don't like any of the pre-workouts that have creatine in them so it's a non-issue to me. Caffeine and Creatine Mono go a long way and they are cheap :biggrin

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
About this Discussion
15 Replies
10 Participants
C41177
Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
A forum community dedicated to the Suzuki GSX-R motorcycle. Discuss the GSX-R600, GSX-R750, GSX-R1000, and GSX-R1100, and more!
Full Forum Listing