Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
798 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems that the oil cooled board is going down hill we need to spice it up, come on you guys let put our heads together and thing of some good mods.. and some good convo's i think if we try hard enough we just might be able to do it !

·
Banned
11,514 Posts
okay here is the stock linkage

and here are some bits that Doug machined up for me

I am happy to report that it all worked well, and I now have a 92 1100 swingarm on my 88

G

·
0 Posts
Thats some nice work there Mr.Gixxer! Are those custom length dog bones to go with it?

........oh and you have mail regarding the SRS link.

·
Banned
11,514 Posts
yup custom length

mine came out to 209mm center to center

when Doug did his 750 it worked out to 200.8

somebody else will probably get another number

G

·
0 Posts
Thats interesting how they varied by so much.... thats a big difference considering that dog bones play a big part in your ride height and just a small change there can sometimes have a big effect on it.

G

·
0 Posts
Thats true.... I didn't know they were different bikes. So do you have a wide wheel to put in that swingarm now?

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
I did the same mod. I just need to figure out the proper length for the dogbones. I am using the stock ones off a 92 750, but they are shorter than the length Doug gave me. I will see what happens.

·
Registered
9,334 Posts
nice work, Mr Gixxer!!! And Doug !! what rear wheel are you mounting? are u going with 17 or da old skool 18 rim ?

·
Registered
628 Posts
DUDE I DON'T KNOW ABOUT YOU BUT MY BIKE IS GONNA BE HONKING CRAZY WHEN I AM DONE // TALK ABOUT MODS FUCK THE BIKE IS GOING TO BE UNRECONIZEABLE LAST YEAR PEOPLE THOUGHT IT WAS A TL ?
THIS YEAR IT WILL LOOK LIKE A 91 FRONT WITH A 99 TAIL.
I CANNOT WAIT RIGHT NOW I AM POLISHING THE CARBS SO BRIGHT THAT YOU CAN SEE YOURSELF IN THEM, LIKE A MIRROR.
NEXT OTHER PARTS OF THE ENGINE AND IF ALL GOES WELL WITH ME GETTING THE JOB IN TOWN AT THE ELECTROPLATING PLACE MAN MY BIKE WILL BE TRANSPARENT CANDY APPLE RED OR BLUE?
CHROMED BITS AND PIECES AND MANY BLING BLING THINGS.
CANNOT WAIT TO SEE YOUR FACEZ HAAAAAAAAA

·
Registered
161 Posts
Here is mine : 88 750

OEM plastic/tank - NOT RE-PAINTED Literally brand new out of the Suzuki boxes

'91 swingarm (have 88 sitting in garage)

'91 5.5" rear wheel with new D207 - 180 tire

'96 1100 front suspension and wheel with new D207 tire

NEW - Not Installed - FOX Twin Clicker shock

D&D chrome/nickle pipe/header

Keihin 39mm FCR Flatslides w/ push-pull throtle & V-Stacks

771cc kit with 370 degree web cams, shot peened rods, vale job, etc. New clutch, trans gone through at time of rebuild, less than 1200 miles since rebuild.

116RWHP - W/correction!

Storz Steering Dampner

[ 03-06-2002, 01:16 AM: Message edited by: Jason L ]

1 - 14 of 14 Posts