Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

These pictures are from the right side of the same tire...half of the tire is bald, half still has tread and even hasn't touched the wear bars..wierd... I am trying to figure out how in the hell I pulled that one off. I checked balance before I removed them and naturally they are light to the more worn part. I would think if they were not balanced correctly that they would have worn more on the heavy side... Also the left side is worn normally. I used this for 6 sprint races at MAM a couple weeks ago. I am thinking maybe just a bad tire or something, but we will find out next weekend if its just that tire or if I have a problem at the CCS HPT race weekend.

Just for info I mount and balance my own stuff as I have a shop so I can't blame the vendors or anything, and they always balance out very close to the same. Also I this is the 4th set of PR's that I have ran with no wear issues so far. My bike was crashed before this set was put on but I checked my forks and triples and its all good, plus I was going faster than ever and the bike is handling great.

-Spooner

·
Here is your "R"
6,926 Posts
Bike could be misaligned have you tried aligning the bike using the aluminum tubes or strings?

Could be the track it might be diamond cut on the left turns and more abrasive. Why did you let a tire get that bald, thats dangerous bro always keep an eye on tires especially the front.

·
Registered
9,334 Posts
michelin

pirelli

dude thats messed up... def check your alignment even if you were screaming now after the last crash it might not be straight

·
Registered
34,392 Posts
How many lefts and how many rights are on the tracks you ride.

I know I did a few days at putnam 8 rights and 2 lefts and my pilots were the same.

·
Premium Member
4,723 Posts
If I read that correctly, that's not the r and L side, but pics of two different spots on the same side of the tire..

Wierd.

R

·
Highly unstable
32,025 Posts
ive had that before.. your probably just on the gas a lot at full lean and wearing out that part of the tire.. and as you stand the bike up there is more tire to grip the pavement with and its not wearing out as fast..

if the bike is handling great, and your going faster than why worry about it?

·
Registered
6,418 Posts
what color is the bike .... maybe thats it

·
Registered
17 Posts
Yeah I would think that's REAL DANGEROUS! If I were you I would slow down for the next couple of races and see if that takes care of the problem. Just my 2 cents.
-Snack

·
Premium Member
3,847 Posts
If I read that correctly, that's not the r and L side, but pics of two different spots on the same side of the tire..

Wierd.

R
that's the way I read it too... that's right, isn't it spooner? the first picture is 1/2 of the right side of the tire, the 2nd picture is the other half, also of the right side of the tire?

If so - bmf... that's something you've experienced before?

·
Registered
6,418 Posts
that is weird shit now that i am reading it correctly. did you take it to your tire guy and ask them what they thought?
ding ding...we have a winner!!!!!

·
Registered
4,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Haha, yeah its from the right side only of the front tire. I just had noticed vibration going into a right hander and pulled in (I was at the track a few days after the race weekend working with some of my team mates) thats when I noticed the wierd wear. I did inspect the tires before going that day, but I saw the good side, not the bald one lol! The tire vendor wasn't there that day too, so that didn't help matters either.

-Spoon

·
Registered
4,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yeah, I don't have 320 mm rotors on both sides of my 3" wide rear tire lol!

·
Premium Member
4,723 Posts
Yeah, I don't have 320 mm rotors on both sides of my 3" wide rear tire lol!

That's probably your problem them... just add some and you're all set.

R

1 - 20 of 20 Posts