Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have been riding for about 12 years on just about everything with a motor..i started doing stand up wheelies on my 02 r6 then when i got my 03 r1 i could do them for ever..then i bought my first suzuki bike..2004 gsxr 1000.limited .it took me like 100 miles before i could ride wheelies.,.but once i got them down i could do one footers ,,high chairs,,last year i traded the 1000 in for a limited 04 busa..witch i still have ..i just got a 2005 gsxr 1000 blik.gry and i cant ride a wheelie for the life of me..i mean not even 50 feet..i dont get it..i could do them over a mile long without putting the wheel down and now i suck..whats up..but i can hop on the bus and ride one i second gear no sweet..whats up man i love the bike but now it makes me want a 04 again..

·
Registered
9,968 Posts
maybe you should have bought a unicycle instead of a racebike

·
Registered
408 Posts
They changed alot on the '05. Moved the engine farther forward, moved the rider's weight farther forward. A lot of different variables for better racing may equal worse wheelies. I hope not to ever see an '05 1000 furred out or have zip ties holding it together at a stunt competition 'cause that will be a bigger waste than the stretched turbo one I saw in another thread. Ever think Suzuki doesn't care about highchairs and 12 o'clock wheelies??????

·
Registered
329 Posts
I love to stunt but I will agree with the rest of these guys on the fact that they were designed for racing not stunting hence move the weight foward to help in corners. also suzuki also extend the swingarm a bit to help put the power to the ground without having the front end come up. just keep trying you'll figure it out. I bet the stoppies will be alot better on the 05 though.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I agree my bike pulls to the left and has a twist. Very scary .Even does it on short power wheelie. I have checked wheel alignment and it seems to be on.I had a 01GSXR1000 and anFZ1and both were very well behaved with the front wheel of the ground.Im not a squid but i love a controled power wheelie but my bike is not predictable.What else can i check?Iknow its not torque iv'e rode alot of performance bikes and have never had this problem.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yes ..the stoppies are much better..but i work at a suzuki dealer so i know i will see a 04 1000 trade in for the 05 so i will scoop that up and keep the 05 for crusing the twisties ..my wife dont care how manny bikes i have as long as there is room the the laundry in the basment..

·
Registered
165 Posts
Try a tooth smaller front sprocket and see if that helps any........ I agree that this bike is a lot harder to power wheelie than my previous bikes, but I think a little different gearing will fix that. I'm definitely into the twisties but there's nothing like lofting the front wheel using the throttle.

·
Chubby Chaser
57,844 Posts
I'm not a wheelie junkie, I find the chassis to be very balanced and well behaved under hard acceleration. LOVE IT.

·
Registered
428 Posts
HUH. I'm trying to figure out how to keep the front wheel on the ground when I want to. And I thought my TLR was crazy with wheelies.

Is this some inside joke I'm missing out on?

BTW, I just got my 05 GSXR 1000 this past Saturday so I haven't got much practice, but everytime I get on it, it seems to wheelie. And I'm trying to be gentle and break it in.

·
I <3 Item 9
13,426 Posts
it's all about finding the bikes balance point... and each is different. you're gonna have to get the k5 up a bit higher than the k4 due to the longer swingarm and more forward weight bias.

if you can wheelie a busa then I can't see what you're complaining about... those have long ass swingarms and forward weight bias too..

PS: drop a tooth up front too for a little more kick

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
yea i can wheelie the bus with out much effort..but the new 1000 comes up like a rocket i cant seem to get it to come up smooth..its like a banshee..the power is either on or off..hopefully a littler more pratice will make it better..

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
If it is shooting up like a rocket, sounds like you need to get a lil smoother with them dick beaters.....................

I couldn't resist

1 - 20 of 20 Posts