Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What\'s this on my bike?

I have no idea what this is for on the left side of the frame and I've never seen one on another bike. I have'nt seen another '99 750 up close either. But it's threaded so something screws into it but what? Any ideas?

·
Registered
16,168 Posts
Re: What\'s this on my bike?

Yup, but if you plan on getting a damper..get a top mount..1 lowside could trash a damper that's mounted in that location...

·
Banned
6,048 Posts

ummmmmm

you already have a damper (oem) that fitting is a carry-over from the 96-7 model, of which didnt have an oem damper....

i had a stock unit on my 99, got rid of it for a top mount..(much better) BUT a real pain in the ass to lift the tank!!

on my 02 i have an OHLINS sd0139 in the stock location......

much nicer!!

·
Registered
81 Posts

Originally posted by Nolz:
its your gixxers nipple...rub it for more HP
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">ahhh I always wondered what that was to. Great! I'll try rubbing it next time I go out. If it gets it going like it gets my girlfriend going when I rub her nipples I'll be flying on my Gix

·
Registered
2,240 Posts

Originally posted by Nolz:
its your gixxers nipple...rub it for more HP
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">lolololol..good one.
i always wondered what they were there for too.

·
Registered
751 Posts

I use that as my extra fuel reserve. I pump my frame full of gas and run a line out of it. It nets me an extra 2.46433 gallons of fuel. I kick ass in the endurance races like Daytona.

I also pump helium in it the frame when I want to do wheelies.

·
Registered
330 Posts

correct , it is for a euro style side mount steering damper.

or maybe suzuki had plans for a sidecar??
hmmmmm

·
Registered
245 Posts

That's the place where you can attach the Suzuki-wings
, (not Honda-wings of course
) Part nr. 9845666

Attach them, open throttle in first gear to about 10.000rpm then close-open and you'll lift off!

·
Registered
1,221 Posts

Originally posted by ErGoDyNe1:
That's the place where you can attach the Suzuki-wings
, (not Honda-wings of course
) Part nr. 9845666

Attach them, open throttle in first gear to about 10.000rpm then close-open and you'll lift off!
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">They are pointier here in Holland, due to the cold wheater....

·
Registered
245 Posts

They are pointier here in Holland, due to the cold wheater....
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">There's also a special part available in Holland:
this is part number 3487593 this is a bolt on windshieldwhiper, because of the bad wheather...

·
Registered
1,221 Posts

Originally posted by ErGoDyNe1:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial"> They are pointier here in Holland, due to the cold wheater....
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">There's also a special part available in Holland:
this is part number 3487593 this is a bolt on windshieldwhiper, because of the bad wheather...
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I hear you man !!!

I'm bored like hell... I'll grab a beer and sitdown in the garage for a few hours....

·
Banned
6,048 Posts

actually, that the spot where you can atgtach a tow-rope, so when we race youll at least be within 100 feet of me.......

just kidding, couldn't resist

·
Registered
245 Posts

POETSEN, POETSEN, POETSEN

·
Registered
412 Posts

LMOA!! a nipple!!
But, I actually thought it was for a grease nipple, at first...then I realized i had no clue. Yay, now I know, and knowing is half the battle! GIJOE!
Ahh...the bikes nipple, man..that's one for the books!

·
Premium Member
117,182 Posts

DO NOT RUB IT WHILE RIDDING!!!
and dont let anyone else rub it either
If it is like my last girlfriend it will flip over on its back as soon as anyone touches it.

I dont know if your gixxer is a slut like her though

·
Registered
6,907 Posts

You are all a bunch of SRAD ignorami.

That "thing" is a long-ride comfort feature developed for all SRADs. There is an OEM tube that you stick into it. The other end of the tube is where you insert your penis. That way, you don't have stop to
on long rides.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts