Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are there any differences between the 98 and 99 750?

And I mean both mechanically and cosmetic.

·
Registered
106 Posts
1998 was the first year for fuel injection on the 750's. 1998 came in blue/white and orange/black. 1999 had blue/white and red/black. That's all I can remember for now. I'm sure others can give you a more indept explanation regarding the differences.

Outlaw

·
Registered
33 Posts
No real changes other than paint colors as Maryland_Outlaw stated, though I have never seen the orange and black
If you can dig up a pic of that I would like to see it, If I am not to lazy later I will go looking
I think there may have been some fuel system remapping also.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Originally posted by 99gixxer:
No real changes other than paint colors as Maryland_Outlaw stated, though I have never seen the orange and black
If you can dig up a pic of that I would like to see it, If I am not to lazy later I will go looking
I think there may have been some fuel system remapping also.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">here is the Orange and Black (should it be red and black?)

this is the 99 blue white black 750

this is the 98 same pattern

Did you notice the difference?

I heard 99's FI design is different from 98.. and it improved a bit....

but it's a gixxer... need I say more?

·
Premium Member
10,263 Posts
There were small updates done to the 99 over the 98... but other then color there really isnt anything to worry about...

John

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the reason I ask is because I just bought a bike that was a theft recovery and the VIN sticker was ripped off. The dealer has all the proper paperwork to get a new sticker. But I have no way of verifing the bike I bought matches the title. I guess I'm just being paranoid. Where else is the VIN stamped?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts