Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What\'s the Biggest Animal You\'ve Hit?!?!

Just got home, hit a racoon... i swore i was gonna lose it but nope... thank you god... just had to clean blood off the side of my fairing, our headlights suck if they are not on brights at night... for some reason animals and I dont get along on the road, I also tagged a squarl not to long ago... and almost hit a cat... no dogs or deer yet... (knock on wood)

What bout yall?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Re: What\'s the Biggest Animal You\'ve Hit?!?!

That sucks, I'm glad to hear you and your bike are safe. So many deer in my area, I don't even bother riding at night most of the time. It's not worth losing my baby. So far, I haven't hit anything (knock on wood).

·
Registered
656 Posts

A bird flew out and hit my helmet at 80km/h... a sparrow to be exact. I felt shitty about it too so I went back and burried it...
LOL!!!.....Nice man

I dont think I would have gone that far, but I would have felt bad. I ran over a dead racoon and did a small jump. That was when I learned not to follow a car in the middle of the lane. I did a small jump doing 50mph, and before I even realized what happened, it was over and I was still riding. I got lucky I hit it straight on. I also had to clean blood off the bottom of my fairings. Im more worried about bigger animals like dogs and deer.

·
Banned
12,729 Posts

just a bird, it actually got lodged in the fairing between the upper and side fairing. I believe there is a photo floating around with a gixxer and an owl lodged into it.

·
Premium Member
695 Posts

I'm lucky enough to not have hit anything on my bike yet(knock on wood), but in my car the biggest thing I hit has been a damn bear. Luckily I was able to get on the brakes quick enough and I only tagged his ass end very lightly and all it did was leave a few scratches in my bumper. No damage really.

·
PM me for Brotection
54,285 Posts

I'm lucky enough to not have hit anything on my bike yet(knock on wood), but in my car the biggest thing I hit has been a damn bear. Luckily I was able to get on the brakes quick enough and I only tagged his ass end very lightly and all it did was leave a few scratches in my bumper. No damage really.
MPD plays chicken with traffic sometimes if he's been drinking enough

I had a bird hit me in the chest back when I used to ride a cruiser. It was a real little bird, and he kinda shook it off and kept going from what I could see.

A friend of mine still gets ragged on about the time he dumped his 1100 after hitting a 'possum. Then the 'possum ran off into the woods.

·
Registered
6,380 Posts

I hit a bird in the front cowling area. Freaked me out because it was at night and it just flew right up into me from sitting in the road.

Rob

·
Registered
1,182 Posts

A bug

I don't recall hitting anything other than bugs/insects thank god

Unless you count the time a friend of mine hit me while on his bike and I was making a turn
slow spp\eed hit but still caused me to lay the bike down w/minimal damage.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

oh damn, yeah i hit forgot bout insects lol, i hit a bumble bee which felt like a paintball in my chest... and also hit a dragon fly which hit me in the face RIGHT after i put my visor down and actually moved my head back lil bit, like a bullet... i sh*t u not

·
Registered
346 Posts

A friend hit a deer at 110.... didn't even fall down.
The bike....

The Deer.... split in two

·
Registered
441 Posts

Hit a squirrel while tucked into a corner once, small hop of the back wheel. A bird flew into my shoulder once at 130mph. Good thing I had my jacket on, because it did sting. Other than that.....I've been lucky. I'm alsways worried about dogs. I hit a St. Bernard once in my car and it got stuck under the rear diff. I felt like a big heal and found the owners. It sucks when you run animals over.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.