Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 95 750 blk/prp and its heavy as hell, i have trouble gettin the front whell up but i have no problem gettin the back one up. I slammed on the brakes a little hard when a dog ran in front of me and the back tire came right up, but idiot me thought i was going over head first and I let the brake out and down i came. Is there a SAFE and reliable way of pulling and ENDO off????

·
Registered
95 Posts
No stunt is actually safe or reliable, just some are easier than others. All i know is that its easier to do a rolling endo if your going faster. If you go to slow you come down to quick and your bike wants to fall over. Start out by just pulling the back end up a little bit and riding it out, then move on to going higher. I dont really look at my spedometer, but i think my average stoppie is probably between 45 to 60 mph.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Oh yeah I also lean forward and stand up a little. I stayed seated when I I first started and when I came back down I slammed my nuts and I wanted to just jump off my bike and let it fall because it hurt so bad, but I played it off and parked it and just stood there for a minute.
[ 09-29-2001: Message edited by: GSXRRYDA ]

[ 09-29-2001: Message edited by: GSXRRYDA ]

·
I <3 Item 9
13,426 Posts
ummm...ya... just go at aound 80km/h in 2nd gear... grab the clutch (or shift to neutral, your choise) lean a bit forward and squeese the front brakes a bit to compress your forks
now squeeze a bit harder and providing you have adequate traction on your front tire your bike will roll up.
now go faster and roll farther

you can tuck your right foot under your rear brake lever to prevent that dumb instinct of jumping over the front if you think you go too high... but when you do go too high then you're fucked. The good thing is that if the bike flips over on you you'll take most of the hit and there will be less damage to the bike... trust me

·
Registered
547 Posts
Once pulled mine up @ about 75mph ,came up real easy...too easy...real quick too....shit myself & put it back down....will work on it though. Comes up much easier at speed orrite.Know a guy over here that does real good ones @ about that speed can go a long way too ,& on a SRAD too!

·
Registered
26,441 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GSXRRYDA:
Oh yeah I also lean forward and stand up a little. I stayed seated when I I first started and when I came back down I slammed my nuts and I wanted to just jump off my bike and let it fall because it hurt so bad, but I played it off and parked it and just stood there for a minute.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't mean to laugh but that is kinda funny. Sorry. True but funny.

·
Registered
2,623 Posts
Hey so, how do you smoothen out the landing when the rear wheel comes down? never done any tricks on my bike and last thing i want to do is have to replace the rear suspension. i've see on some videos they just let it hit pavement and it doesn't sound like they're doing their bike any favors...

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
The "CLUNK" of the rear is something i dont enjoy. And a mate of mine actually managed to crack his tail fairing from too many stoppies. It was hilarious, the rear comes up, the rear comes down, then he rides off with the tail light dangling from the tail by its wires

The fairing mounts also broke off.

Ive only been doing endos where it's come to a complete stop. I realised i cannot do them back 2 back, as the front will slide.

It's like i have to do a few laps to get the heat back into the tires so it'll grip probably.

Reducing the front's psi also helps by increasing the contact patch, which increases grip.

KaTz

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanz guys for all the tips. it just seems that i cant get the fucking thindg to sit on the front tire. I grab the front brake at about 30-40mph and i lean forward a little and brace myself but all that happens is the front grabs and i slow down REAL qiuck but the rear doesnt go up, Any suggestions i could really use em. thanx

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
If the back doesn't come up then you're applying the brake too slow. Give it a bit quicker harder stab and then ease up too control your rear wheel height.

·
Registered
20 Posts
start in first gear barley moving....gas it hard to take the weight off the front end then quickly shut off...as the front end compresses grab the brake...this puts the weight on the front tire and makes it hard to skid the front end

·
Registered
2,934 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by WaynesNside:

I don't mean to laugh but that is kinda funny. Sorry. True but funny.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah it was real funny...specially cause I know what he is talking about

·
Mightiest Sorcerer of the Lands a.k.a. Rhinocerous
22,048 Posts
I have been playing with rolling stoppies more and more these days.
I usually try at about 40+ mph at least, just clamp the shit out of the front brakes. I don't bounce or lean forward, or anything. I just sit on my seat, get rolling and NAIL the front brake. Believe me, you will let off before you flip over. Hell the first few times it comes up you will have let off the brake before you even see ground in front of you. The tough part is finding the sweet spot in the brakes where you just grab it hard and hold it there so she rolls along nice and smooth. I have gotten maybe 20-30 feet of smooth endo before. I usually ease off the brake to bring her down a bit smoother.

As for just plain stoppies, hell, I just come up to wherever I am going to stop at about 25mph and clamp the brake as hard as I can and hold on tight.

G

·
The key factor here is smooth and controlled application of the front brakes. As mentioned above, you first want to compress the front forks gradually to avoid locking the front wheel. Since your forks can only compress so fast, rapid, hard application of the brakes usually results in the front tire washing out... At the moment that you hit the lever, before the forks have had time to compress, you essentially have no suspension. Or, perhaps you have your front end set really soft, and it dives easily. In this case, you'll probably bottom out the front, which will once again result in no suspension... and a front wheel slide.

Once you've compressed the forks, squeeze th e brakes a little harder, and presto!... up comes the rear.

I'd suggest lifting your arse just a hair off the seat and shifting your weight forward over the tank right before you start squeezing the lever. You want your weight balanced over the fulcrum(front tire). The further back you are, the harder it'll be to pull, and the easier it'll be to get unbalanced.

Of course, the smooth and controlled lever application does, in actual use, happen very fast. If you go too slow, you'll just slow down & lose all your momentum. It's a muscle-memory thing. You'll develope the feel for it with practice.

Start slow (note MPH). Once you start getting the rear up, work up in speed.

·
Registered
273 Posts
All of the advice is all you need to post one up and roll with it, but also remember this important tidbit...no matter how good you are with the brakes, the tire needs to be warm to do a good stoppie. Head down the road and do the quick brake check like you were slowing down real fast, but don't lift the rear, just slow down a few times...the things that heat a tire up the fastest are hard acceleration and braking...do that a couple times, then brake harder to see if the rear will come up, and if it does, start rolling small ones, then just go ballsout.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
I would have to agree with kidder03 about the warming of the tires, that's a must, it ain't nice when your front wheel locks for a second and just slides!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts