Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
8,628 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,163 Posts
They're kinda pricey, but the new GPS tracking units that MotoMummy is selling look to be friggin awesome. The Scorpio I900's always get great reviews too.

Stay away from the cheapies... I thought I was getting a good deal on one for $75 that had all kinds of bells and whistles, but it turned out to be a good ole fashioned case of "you get what you pay for". Pretty sure it played a key roll in destroying my stator

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
I900 or the newer version(gps) of it by scorpio.

And the liberator (gps) (and no the liberator im talking about isnt the liberator sex cushion)

besides that id say get a block of concrete and one of those stationary bike locks and mold it into the block of concrete.

after all those invest in a .40 .45 pistol or 12 gauge shotgun.

·
Who Knows...Ask Who
1,714 Posts
Yep, add home security alarm to that as well,. The sad thing is that if a thief wants your bike, he'll get it or they will get it. Most work in teams and do this for a living and rarely get caught. Most the time they will swing by in a shoe box (van) and in mere seconds it's gone. they cut through those big chain locks like they aren't even there. Best defense, never leave your bike out of sight when you stop, watch for people following you (I've had this done to me) Lock it up in the garage w/ home alarm

$.02

·
Banned
8,628 Posts
Yep, add home security alarm to that as well,. The sad thing is that if a thief wants your bike, he'll get it or they will get it. Most work in teams and do this for a living and rarely get caught. Most the time they will swing by in a shoe box (van) and in mere seconds it's gone. they cut through those big chain locks like they aren't even there. Best defense, never leave your bike out of sight when you stop, watch for people following you (I've had this done to me) Lock it up in the garage w/ home alarm

$.02
:cheers

·
Registered
383 Posts
I looked around and an alarm is a good place to start aside from where you park and your insurance. I went with the i900 simply because the GPS systems like the liberator were very expensive and on top of that you pay annually. On a side note the Scorpio is pretty over priced as well don't pay anything over 380.00 for it with everything included. I've seen them going for 320 if you shop around.

·
Banned
17,232 Posts
I really want a pet tiger.... I hear that if a single guy has a cat, a lot of people will consider him gay. I got 5 bucks that nobody would say that to me if I purchased a tiger (Unless I posted it here on GDC of course).. If someone does, I will let them and the tiger sort out the problem.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I got a great one... Garage with 2 very protective PitBulls (they have free roam of the house and garage). Springfield XD .45 is part of my security system too

·
Ex-Lady Supermod
16,100 Posts
I really want a pet tiger.... I hear that if a single guy has a cat, a lot of people will consider him gay. I got 5 bucks that nobody would say that to me if I purchased a tiger (Unless I posted it here on GDC of course).. If someone does, I will let them and the tiger sort out the problem.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
Get one of these if you're parking it outside:

Removes temptation and keeps people from sitting on it...Throw some reflectors on it too so some blind old lady doesnt hit it :thumbup

A bicycle u-lock through the front brake rotors works good too.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 22 Posts