Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
You should listen to me. No, seriously, listen to
7,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I happened to be looking at rear sprockets and see that Drive Systems, once AFAM's US distributor, has next to no AFAM sprockets for sale and seems to be clearing out what little they have. A quick look at UK sellers shows the same thing. AFAM used to be the premier brand. AFAM.com maintains a brave face but their catalog is mainly about chains and just mentions sprockets in very general terms. I can't find any listings of sprocket part numbers for specific applications. Are they going out of business or otherwise getting out of making sprockets?

·
7,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I emailed Hard Racing who would only say that the sprocket I was interested in was no longer available and suggested that I consider another brand. I emailed Afam customer service and got no response.

·
7,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
According to Sprocket Center, who I think is closely associated with Drive Systems, "No one imports AFAM into the US anymore. All we have on the site is whats remaining of old stock".

Don't know what happened to lead to this. I can only find their sprocket for my BST wheels in France and in Greece. Irk!

Yoshimura used to put AFAM sprockets on bikes raced by Spies and Mladin.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts