Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, Just asking some good ol honest questions so please don't harass me with your "squidisms" or anything, go easy.

I've been riding for years, but have recently taken some serious interest in stunt riding for another hobby. I like the low speed 12o clock circle stuff. Any suggestions or comments on what kind of bike is "best" to start stunting with? 600's? Liter bikes? My friend suggested 1000's but I think a decent 600 with a nasty sprocket should be ok. I've played around with his 954 streetfighter and it seems pretty effortless to get her up to bp. What do you guys ride?

·
Registered
61 Posts
F4is and 636s seem to be the most popular by far. But with that said, I set my gsxr up to learn to stunt because that's what I had. I'd stick to a 600 over a 1000 because it's more forgiving... it will get to bp just fine with a sprocket, then it's all clutch/brake/throttle/body control, I don't think you need the power of the 1000.

·
Premium Member
117,182 Posts
F4I. Geometry makes it easier than some to wheelie in the 600 group, and it has a slightly lower than average balance point it seems....... well not so much lower, but wider. It seems the sweet spot is larger. And it is pretty tough.

·
Premium Member
117,182 Posts
Oh and high speed shit is so 1999........ good on ya taking it to the lots and trying the slow stuff. No need for a 1000 when the fastest you go is about 15mph :lol

·
Registered
113 Posts
I'd go w/ F4i or 636...they can take a beating and you can get one set up already for cheap. Check out stuntusa.com and stuntlife.com for some set up shit you can rock the lots with.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys the input really helps...I'm looking into a couple F4I's right now and will hopefully have pics soon :)

·
Good 'N you?
1,068 Posts
my buddy uses an 04 636,he loves it,and it doesnt seem to mind being at 12 o clock alot..but it has a weak subframe..be prepared to break it...mother buddy has an f41 with reversed clip ons and hes killer on it

·
Premium Member
451 Posts
f4i has a smaller sweet spot with bp because it has less torque.. remedied by gearing but 636 is a lot nicer to ride.. probably perfect. f4i is durable as hell.. won't break. 636 breaks easy, parts are expensive, and harder to get. i'm talkin 03-04 636 here.. not later models. 05-06 is the same but the subframe is different and the swingarm looks nicer.

anyway.. best way to go:
-buy crf50 used, learn slow shit on that, crash but the bike won't really get damaged. sell once u learn bp for almost what you paid
-buy f4i, set up with cage, 12bar(roundbar), and gear it about 60 teeth in the rear. 66 would be ideal but for a commute it's brutal.. your 4th gear will be about as tall as 1st on non-geared bikes. 60 is also crap for commute.. i wouldn't go any lower.. 54 doesn't really slow you down enough, but the motor is shit for torque so doing no handed stuff or circles will be a lot harder to learn

·
Premium Member
3,277 Posts
great thread i was curiouse about this too. who makes the f4i? ive heard the name thrown around a lot but actually dont know too much about the bike. and any year preferance on the f4is? or at least a good range years we should look for?

·
Premium Member
117,182 Posts
Honda CBR600 F4i. Any year was basically the same as far as I know. 2001-2006

·
Premium Member
3,277 Posts
ahh okay cool. yea i was lookin on craigslist and you could get them anywhere from like 2gs to 4gs for one in better condition. I def gotta get me one of those to start fuckin around on

·
Registered
669 Posts
Find a salvage or a repossession, put a cage on it and learn. I love where I live, there is a lot with all the crashed and repossessed bikes less than 20 miles from my house and less than 30 miles from my school. In the end, its stunt bike, so you're going to dump money into it, better to get it cheap and do the maintenance yourself, knowing what you're getting than gambling on some other person's abandoned step child.

·
Premium Member
451 Posts
f4i.. they are all the same except for some come with the banana seat (gay) instead of separate rider and passenger seats. aside from being gay, banana makes no handed sit downs harder, but seat standers are easier and better because you won't be as likely to break the rear plastics. earlier models have defective cam chain tensioner.. later models were better but still wear prematurely.

regarding setup get on www.stuntlife.com you will find everything you need there

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
About this Discussion
14 Replies
10 Participants
Incantation
Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
A forum community dedicated to the Suzuki GSX-R motorcycle. Discuss the GSX-R600, GSX-R750, GSX-R1000, and GSX-R1100, and more!
Full Forum Listing